You can keep Halloween fun and safe by making your own all-natural face paint! It's super easy and the color options are completely up to you (no icky pre-made colors that 'sort of' match what you're looking for).
All-Natural DIY Face Paints
What you'll need:
Natural Food Coloring
Cornstarch
Mix up 1-2 teaspoons of rash cream with a teaspoon of cornstarch. If you want it colored, divide it up into portions (if you want three colors to make a design, divide it up into three - this makes a good bit). Once you've got it all divided up (or not) add a drop of food coloring and mix it in.
Once you've got your paint colors finished, grab a paintbrush and get to the fun part - face painting! Your children will love this project and you can rest easy knowing that it's completely safe for them.
*I read on another website that seasonings could be used for the coloring in this. I tried it, but #1 it didn't color the paint well, if at all and #2 I was concerned about possible reactions to having seasonings on their skin. The food coloring worked perfectly and took very little (I used one drop to get the pinky/purple color on her cheek.)
Big thanks to Dr. Sears Family Essentials for this tip and the samples to test it out! I was able to see their line first hand at the ABC Kids Expo and I was honestly moved by their products and mission. I look forward to great things from them. Keep an eye out for their products! They are not only amazing and safe, but affordable too!











4 comments:
Great tip- thanks!
awesome!
Thanks for the idea! Great (and easy) way to avoid toxic paints!
I love this idea, but a friend studying homeopathic medecine informed me that food coloring is really bad for you... Something worth looking in to...
Post a Comment