I love Ohio State, and now I love them even more. I didn't know that was possible! They are taking their stadium to the next level by going green. They have set up seventy-five waste stations in the stadium consisting of two barrels, one for compost and the other for recyclables. The stadium is using all biodegradable paper products to make composting easy. Simply toss it in - food, plate and all.
Last year, Ohio State was able to collect 6.5 tons of recyclables per game. I can't wait to see what this new program can do! I'll certainly be watching tomorrow's game with a bit more admiration. Go Bucks!











3 comments:
While not on the same level FB wise as OSU, my alma mater, University of Maryland, put recycling stations in the stadium AND in the parking lots where everyone tailgates- which is where SO much waste is generated. I hope that they have collection bins for bottles and cans for the tailgating Buckeyes!
My husband would be irritated if he knew I was touting OSU, but we can BOTH back this new green initiative! My favorite professional football team, the Philadelphia Eagles, have been going green for a few years now. Last year, the Washington Redskins installed solar panels over their VIP parking sections. The panels will generate enough energy to run non-gameday operations each week! I hope more schools and professional organizations jump on board with this; it's win-win!
Thanks for weighing in ladies! It's so great to hear that teams are choosing to do more. The waste generated at games is astounding. Every bit helps!
Post a Comment