Friday, June 17, 2011

Cloth Pads (free patterns!)

Yesterday I was talking to a friend that was looking for a good cloth pad pattern.  I offered to help, and because I am frugal - I like free.  So I was browsing the internet yesterday for free patterns to make cloth pads.  There are some great patterns out there, but I wasn't finding quite what I was looking for.  I decided to grab ideas from a few patterns and product examples to make my friend a pattern more like what I was looking for.

I woke up yesterday with a headache, so I was just begging for some distraction.  I ended up sewing seventeen pads and making two new patterns.  I thought perhaps some of you might be interested in using it as well, so I've uploaded them in PDF form for easy printing.  The patterns include seam allowance, just cut and sew!  I added extra stitching on the pads to keep the fabric from bunching.  Not sure if this is needed, but I also liked the way it looks.
I used flannel for the tops and fleece for the backings because it's what I had on hand.  You can use PUL or wool backing if you prefer and higher end fabrics like bamboo or hemp for the tops.  If you need a thicker pad, use more layers.  If you just want liners, use less.



I hope you get some use of these!  If you use the pattern, I'd love to see pictures!

4 comments:

Not Blessed Mama on June 17, 2011 at 11:58 PM said...

thanks for this! i am just getting ready to make some of my own.

Shanea on July 1, 2011 at 6:44 PM said...

Thanks! I have made some but I need to tweak it a bit, I hope this work for me.

Green Grandma on August 2, 2011 at 11:00 AM said...

This is great! I just shared this with the Green Grandma community!

Meala on September 19, 2011 at 11:14 AM said...

Thank you so much for sharing this pattern with us! I've got the fabric, all I needed was the pattern. I'll be making these later this week.

Post a Comment

Newer Older Home
 
Copyright © 2010 The Eco-Friendly Family