Thursday, December 16, 2010

Nurse in public?

I don't get out as much as I'd like, I admit, but when I do, I occasionally need to feed our youngest daughter.  You'd think that after nursing three babies, I would care less where I was or who knew what I was doing.  While I will nurse anywhere if I need to (thanks to laws that protect us!), I prefer to do it privately or at least where I know I won't be stared at like I have two heads.  Though I enjoy the silent statement it makes, I also like the comfort of accepting surroundings.

Thanks to Bravado, there is now (as they say) an app for that!  If you are a nursing mom on-the-go, you can use the new Breastfeeding Friendly Locator on your smartphone.  Just go to mobile.bravadodesigns.com to find a location near you or add your favorite spots!
If you are like me and don't have a smartphone you can still use this app before you head to town.  I like the link above, or you can go here.

3 comments:

Green Mama on July 26, 2011 at 9:43 PM said...

I had no idea, I love it! I'm going to check that out for sure :)

Wiemanddobiemommy on October 11, 2011 at 2:53 PM said...

That is the coolest app, when we are home I don't see that stigma so much many moms in our community nurse so it is pretty normal. But we travel a lot because of my husbands job and boy do you get treated like a leper when you cover up to nurse.

Diana Chastain on October 11, 2011 at 11:04 PM said...

I usually nurse in my car. My MIL has never been supportive about me nursing in public. But on our recent vacation I nursed on a public beach and it was so liberating. Of course my MIL back tracked when we went to a fair and she made such a spectacle of us by standing over me and covering us with her jacket. I tried to say that we were fine, but she wouldn't leave us alone. Someone actually said something to us. Maybe if I had this app she would have felt more secure and left us alone.

Post a Comment

Newer Older Home
 
Copyright © 2010 The Eco-Friendly Family