What really sets the Real Nappies system apart is their Two-Child Guarantee! Yes, you read that right :) You'll be able to use Real Nappies Cloth Diapers and Snug Wraps for at least two children. Should any Real Nappies cloth diaper or diaper cover you purchase from them fail before your second child has outgrown it, they will replace or repair the item. This is based upon washing it no more often than every 2 days (which is a lot!)
The kit I received to try out included 2 covers (one was an extra not normally included in the intro pack
I want to point out something about the covers before I get start. If you are use to using diaper covers, you are likely use to a PUL cover where it is shiny inside. These covers are PUL, but they have material on both sides of the PUL layer, though it is not an absorbent fabric it cannot be wiped down quite like shiny PUL. I imagine this lends to their durability, but it will (in my opinion) cause you to need to wash the cover after fewer uses than other covers.
This is a great little system. I love that it's very cost effective and that it's easy to use. The covers are very durable and the 100% cotton prefolds are easy to take care of and also quite durable.
Real Nappies even offers a 'Birth to Potty Pack' which I think is pretty cool. It contains everything you'd need to use cloth from birth to potty, as the name implies. It really contains more than I would have expected. Plenty of inserts in various sizes (which smalls could easily be added to larger sizes for extra oomph!), tons of covers (something like 6 in each size), even a wet bag!
To show you how this system fits, here are some action shots of my baby girl in her Real Nappies :)
Here is a nice shot showing the leg openings. I found that when I folded as their directions state for the 'boy fold' I got a much better fit and no gap at the legs. I think that it also helped with the fit of the cover. I have the crawler size for my little girl and while it fits great for the rise, I found that the tabs offered a bit of slack, which is fine because you can make them cross a bit in the front and she'll have more room to grow :)
Here is their fold diagram for reference :)
The time has come again for you to have a chance to try out cloth, or just a new system :) The Real Nappies system is easy to use, easy to care for and a great start for new cloth users or seasoned pros.
----Update! We have our winner!----
The giveaway portion is over :) Thank you to everyone that participated!
Congratulations to Bao! Enjoy!
Here's how to win!
Please leave a separate comment for each entry in order to have it counted.
This entry is mandatory! If you do not do this, your other entries will not count!
Visit the Real Nappies site and tell me what size and color cover you think would work best for your baby. Include your email address (if it's not on your profile) and the words "Live Green" somewhere in your comment.
Want more entries?
*Follow EFFBlog & Real Nappies and tweet this giveaway! Please tweet, "Win a no nonsense cloth diapering system from @real_nappies & @EFFBlog http://bit.ly/1jtGb1 #giveaway #clothdiapers" Leave a comment with a link to your status. Tweet daily for more entries!
*Follow the blog and post letting me know that you are :) (Google Friend Connect or Feedburner)
*Join our new email newsletter for notices on special events coming up for the blog.
*Join the Real Nappies email newsletter (you can find it on their main page!)
*Vote for us on Top Mommy Blogs
*Join the Real Nappies email newsletter (you can find it on their main page!)
*Vote for us on Top Mommy Blogs
*Put the our Blog Button on your blog sidebar or web page. Leave a link!
*Like us on Facebook, EFFBlog & Real Nappies
*Like us on Facebook, EFFBlog & Real Nappies
*Post about this giveaway on your blog or other social media (message boards, Facebook, etc!). Leave a comment with a link.
and as always, Good Luck and Enjoy!
US Only. Giveaway ends July 16th. I'll use random.org to pick a winner. I will email the winner. If I do not hear back within 48 hours a new winner will be picked.
FCC Disclaimer: I was provided product to review for this giveaway. No money or other perks were given. All reviews are my own and honest opinions. For more information about this blog please look here. For giveaway guidelines please look here.















110 comments:
We would use the newborn size for David with a red cover. Julia would be the crawler size, she would look good in the pink!
Live Green! smithmn1@gmail.com
I follow the blog!
I receive the email newsletter
I voted on top mommy blogs!
I would need the infant and would like a blue cover
Live Green
jilliebeanmh at gmail dot com
Red, newborn!
LIVE GREEN!!
slang76@hotmail.com
I follow via GFC
slang76@hotmail.com
I subscribe via email
slang76@hotmail.com
I voted on Top Mommy blogs
slang76@hotmail.com
I am a fan of EFF Blog on Facebook
slang76@hotmail.com
I am a fan of Real Nappies on Facebook.
slang76@hotmail.com
I posted the giveaway on my Facebook profile!
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/susan.messing
slang76@hotmail.com
I would love to have the red infant size diaper to put with my stash. Cloth diapers help me to live green. waterlily_mc@juno.com
GFC - follower - waterlily_mc
receive your emails
voted for you on top mommy blogs
receive real nappies newsletter
Red Infant please!!
Live Green!
gdssofshdws@yahoo.com
Real Nappies email list joined!
Gdssofshdws@yahoo.com
Blog follower!
Gdssofshdws@yahoo.com
i like you on facebook!
gdssofshdws@yahoo.com
I also like Real Nappies on Facebook!
gdssofshdws@yahoo.com
Hoping this is meant to be! Our little one is due July 16 and we're brand new to cloth diapering. I think a blue, newborn cover would be the perfect "Welcome Baby" gift :)
Live Green!
amy.n.lowry@gmail.com
Newborn coming soon! I think red would be best for our little girl (newborn size obviously).
Live Green!
Randolphtgrant@yahoo.com
I'm helping a friend stock up before the birth of her baby, so I'd take the blue newborn size! Live green!
ecofriendlyandfrugal(at)gmail(dot)com
I voted for you on Top Mommy Bloggers
I have your button on my blog: http://www.ecofriendlyandfrugal.com
I would get the crawler size in pink! Live Green!
willyjean8 at hotmail dot com
I follow this blog!
I get the EFF newsletter.
willyjean8 at hotmail dot com
I voted for you on TMB.
willyjean8 at hotmail dot com
I like the blue color in the crawler size!
Live Green! lesalia17 at zoominternet dot net
I follow the blog on blogger
Live Green! lesalia17 at zoominternet dot net
I am a fan on facebook
Live Green! lesalia17 at zoominternet dot net
I get your email newsltter
Live Green! lesalia17 at zoominternet dot net
I have your blog button on my blog
http://boilermakerfamilyt.blogspot.com/
Live Green! lesalia17 at zoominternet dot net
Infant in Pink. Live Green!
jodietamm at gmail dot com
I follow & Real Nappies on Twitter & tweeted
http://twitter.com/jolata331/status/18368554705
jodietamm at gmail dot com
I follow you in my Google Reader
jodietamm at gmail dot com
The Pink, Infant Size would work best. Live Green =)
naturalbabygiveaways at gmail dot com
following in google friend connect
naturalbabygiveaways at gmail dot com
like both on facebook
naturalbabygiveaways at gmail dot com
blogged here:
http://naturalbabygiveaways.com/real-nappies-giveaway-ends-716/
I like the blue color.
Live Green
sarah.robot at gmail dot com
Blog Follower.
sarah.robot at gmail dot com
I get teh EFF newsletter.
sarah.robot at gmail dot com
Joined the Real Nappies newsletter.
sarah.robot at gmail dot com
Liked the EFF on Facebook.
sarah.robot at gmail dot com
Posted this giveaway on FB. http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1111609750
sarah.robot at gmail dot com
I'd like the Newborn size in red. Live green!
I follow you and Real Nappies and tweeted:
http://twitter.com/MadelineMiller/status/18407298338
Sorry for deleting so many comments - I have serious pregnancy brain issues tonight!
I follow you on GFC.
I subscribed to your newsletter.
I am signed up for the Real Nappies newsletter.
I put your button on my blog at http://www.clothdiapergiveaways.com/
I like you and Real Nappies on FB.
I blogged about the giveaway:
http://www.clothdiapergiveaways.com/2010/07/eco-friendly-family-back-to-basics.html
I would like a red infant cover.
Thank you for the giveaway! Live Green!
Love the Red in Crawler Size!! Live Green!1
rachel(at)frugalandsimple(dot)com
I would get a newborn size in red! Live green!
I follow you both and tweeted
http://twitter.com/star84vu/status/18446147857
I follow you with GFC
I get your email newsletter
I joined Real Nappies newsletter
I like you both on facebook (samantha moore holcomb)
http://twitter.com/MadelineMiller/status/18454476690
Blue crawler size cover would be great for our house where we try to Live Green on a daily basis.
sklwilliams@hotmail.com
Thanks for a great CD giveaway
I'd like blue in the toddler size! I try to live green!
rebeccaw2005@hotmail.com
I"m following both on twitter and tweeted!
http://twitter.com/beccaann38/status/18459633569
rebeccaw2005@hotmail.com
Following your blog via gfc
rebeccaw2005@hotmail.com
Crawler in blue would help us live green :)
http://twitter.com/MadelineMiller/status/18540228041
madelinemiller at gmail dot com
My son would live green in a red crawler!
I've been wanting to Live Green & have been checking out Real Nappies anyway - I'd love the pink in infant size!
Joined real nappies email list
I wanted to GO and live green...and my eyes STOPPED at the red, newborn cover!! (Okay, I was trying to be creative...does that count?)
I follow w/GFC!
Joined your email newsletter.
Joined Real Nappies' email newsletter.
Liked EFFBlog on FB!
Liked RN on FB!
Posted about giveaway here: http://www.cafemom.com/group/95135/forums/read/11833009/Win_a_cloth_diapering_set_from_Real_Nappies_The_Eco_Friendly_Family_Blog
Thank you!!!
http://twitter.com/MadelineMiller/status/18618282411
madelinemiller at gmail dot com
Red, crawler
mogboz@gmail.com
Live green and prosper!
i'm following the blog
mogboz@hotmail.com
live green and prosper!
I like red in either newborn or crawler size. I can't decide if I want to use it now or later. ;)
Live Green!
Heather
kaleidoscopejane at yahoo dot com
Following via gfc
Heather
kaleidoscopejane at yahoo dot com
Voted on Top Mommy Blogs
Heather
kaleidoscopejane at yahoo dot com
Like you on FB
Heather Moore
kaleidoscopejane at yahoo dot com
Like Real Nappies on FB
Heather Moore
kaleidoscopejane at yahoo dot com
http://twitter.com/MadelineMiller/status/18702581116
madelinemiller at gmail dot com
http://twitter.com/star84vu/status/18712535223
I would like to try the toddler size snug wrap in red. Live green!
romancingthestork (at) gmail (dot) com
red color for newborn size
rajee@momsfocusonline.com
follower
*Like us on Facebook, EFFBlog & Real Nappies
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1208032197&v=wall&story_fbid=132879413418084&ref=mf
follow and tweet
http://twitter.com/momsfocus/status/18741538877
http://twitter.com/star84vu/status/18795290354
http://twitter.com/star84vu/status/18860884933
Post a Comment