Monday, May 10, 2010

Be Fashionably Green

When I started looking for products for this guide I wanted to help replace some of the things that we normally buy that just aren't as Earth friendly.  Doing that doesn't always mean that it has to be new.  After all, isn't one of the easiest ways to be green to Reuse?

With that in mind I approached Children's Orchard.  Children's Orchard is America's Finest resale/retail boutiques, featuring brand-name, top quality, gently used and new kid's clothing, toys, furniture, equipment, books and accessories! 

They pay cash for your kid's gently used clothing, toys, furniture and accessories. Selling Your Items at Children's Orchard is as easy as 1... 2... 3

Children's orchard has offered a $25 gift card for you to go buy some gently used, but totally adorable children's items.  Shop online or find the store one nearest you by using the locator on their main page.

Dr.Greene, a pediatrician, along with an indispensable team of pediatric and health experts offer medical expertise, parental experience and a focus on healthy living.  In Raising Baby Green, Dr.Greene teams up with a consumer health reporter and an author of parenting books to give parents eco-friendly options for pregnancy, birth, and parenting. Everything from choosing the best diapers to selecting nontoxic nursery paint and organic baby food is offered along with commonsense advice about diaper rash and food allergies.

This book is truly a great reference.  It includes lots of great, easy to follow tips on creating a green and healthy lifestyle for you and your little one.  Everything from pregnancy to nursery decorating, from food to washing up.  This book offers steps in bite sized bits.  You can easily pick and choose what works for you every step of the way.

Before you head out with your baby, you need something fabulous to tote your new book and goodies in.  That's where Danielle Elizabeth Designs comes in.  She makes absolutely beautiful (and versatile) diaper bags!  Even better, she has a line call Green by DE.  They are made from organic cotton and are simply amazing.  The detail in these bags is beautiful.  Beautifully ined compartments, feet to keep from scuffing up your bag, hidden magnetic closures, adorable matching changing pad and more.

I've been toting this bag around and I just love it.  The strap is comfortable.  The bag so light and completely fashionable.  I love the fabrics and all of the pockets (there are 8!)  They are the perfect size too.  Great for my baby girls toys to look adorable hitching along.

Now it's your chance to win today's items :)  The winner of this day will win a Children's Orchard Gift Card, a copy of Raising Baby Green compliments of Wiley Publishers and an amazing organic diaper bag by Danielle Elizabeth Designs.

Here's how to win!
Please leave a separate comment for each entry in order to have it counted.

This entry is mandatory! If you do not do this, your other entries will not count!
Tell me what living green means to you.  Include your email address (if it's not on your profile) and the words "Live Green" somewhere in your comment.

Want more entries?
*Follow me and tweet this giveaway! Please tweet:"Happy Mother's Day (Day 2!) from @EFFBlog @childorchard @DanielleElizabe & @DrGreene http://bit.ly/1jtGb1 #giveaway" Leave a comment with a link to your status. Tweet daily for more entries!

*Follow the blog and post letting me know that you are :)

*Join our new email newsletter for notices on special events coming up for the blog.

*Put the our Blog Button on your blog sidebar or web page. Leave a link!

*Like us on Facebook, EFFBlog, DrGreene, Children's Orchard, Danielle Elizabeth 1 entry each

*Post about this giveaway on your blog or other social media (message boards, Facebook, etc!). Leave a comment with a link.

and as always, Good Luck and Enjoy!

US Only. Giveaway ends May 31st.  I'll use random.org to pick a winner. I will email the winner. If I do not hear back within 48 hours a new winner will be picked.

FCC Disclaimer: I was provided product to review from Wiley Publishers (book) & bag from Danielle Elizabeth for this giveaway. No money or other perks were given. All reviews are my own and honest opinions. For more information about this blog please look here. For giveaway guidelines please look here.

121 comments:

Super Treesa on May 10, 2010 at 11:29 AM said...

Living green to me means making purposeful decisions about choosing not to be wasteful. Live green!

Super Treesa on May 10, 2010 at 11:29 AM said...

I follow your blog.

Super Treesa on May 10, 2010 at 11:31 AM said...

I like EFFblog on facebook.

Jill on May 10, 2010 at 12:46 PM said...

To me living green means trying to live gently and make as small as possible of a negative impact on the earth.
We should all strive to LIVE GREEN!
jilldaniel_wv@yahoo.com

Amber on May 10, 2010 at 1:14 PM said...

Living green to me means to not be wasteful and make wise earth friendly decisions. Live Green!

Amber on May 10, 2010 at 1:19 PM said...

following on Twitter. I tweeted this giveaway but I don't know how to post a link here.

Amber on May 10, 2010 at 1:20 PM said...

blog follower

Amber on May 10, 2010 at 1:21 PM said...

Blog button is on my site...
http://www.leilagavin.blogspot.com/

Amber on May 10, 2010 at 1:22 PM said...

I "like" the EFFblog on Facebook.

Amber on May 10, 2010 at 1:25 PM said...

Posted giveaway on my blog...
http://leilagavin.blogspot.com/2010/05/enter-eff-giveaway.html

Anonymous said...

Living green means being committed to reducing our impact on the environment and working towards a zero footprint. Every day we need to make an effort to actively live green.

hollyorourke at gmail dot com

Josefine on May 10, 2010 at 5:37 PM said...

I try to live green by reusing and reducing. Every item not puchased means one not maufactured.

jteneback at hotmail dot com

Josefine on May 10, 2010 at 5:37 PM said...

I follow your blog.

jteneback at hotmail dot com.

lar1203 on May 10, 2010 at 9:48 PM said...

Living green is caring about the impact you make on the world around you and taking steps every day toward living green.
maymama08@hotmail.com

lar1203 on May 10, 2010 at 9:48 PM said...

i folloq your blog
maymama

lar1203 on May 10, 2010 at 9:48 PM said...

i like EFF blog on fb

lar1203 on May 10, 2010 at 9:49 PM said...

i tweeted about giveaway
http://twitter.com/lar1203/status/13761663475

lar1203 on May 10, 2010 at 9:50 PM said...

i subscribe to your newsletter

lar1203 on May 10, 2010 at 9:51 PM said...

i like dr. greene on fb

lar1203 on May 10, 2010 at 9:51 PM said...

i like children's orchard on fb

Anonymous said...

Living green means taking the time to consider my impact on the environment with everything I do. mypottyseat(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog. mypottyseat(at)gmail(dot)com

lar1203 on May 10, 2010 at 9:52 PM said...

i like danielle elizabeth designs on fb

Jacqie on May 10, 2010 at 10:09 PM said...

LIVING GREEN means that I take the best care of myself, my family, and our Earth that I possibly can.

Jacqie on May 10, 2010 at 10:09 PM said...

follow the blog

Jacqie on May 10, 2010 at 10:11 PM said...

tweet

http://twitter.com/talesofthewife/status/13762806299

Meghan on May 11, 2010 at 12:16 PM said...

Living green to me means being conscientious of what you are buying and not creating more waste, as well as, doing whatever you can to reduce the use of energy. LIVE GREEN!

Meghan on May 11, 2010 at 12:16 PM said...

I follow the blog on googlereader

Meghan on May 11, 2010 at 12:17 PM said...

I liked the EFFblog on facebook

Sara on May 11, 2010 at 12:55 PM said...

To me, living green, is doing what I can do to improve the environment on a daily basis. seraphou@aol.com

miller lawn service on May 11, 2010 at 4:25 PM said...

For me, living green means being making every decision count--whether it's how to clean my house or what to eat for dinner, or what clothes to buy. It's also about living in a simple yet joyful way that makes others want to LIVE GREEN as well!

miller lawn service on May 11, 2010 at 4:26 PM said...

I'm now a follower via GFC. Thanks!

Cake Snob on May 11, 2010 at 9:04 PM said...

To "live green" for us is to live simply and consume (and waste) as little as possible.

cakesnob @ gmail

Cake Snob on May 11, 2010 at 9:14 PM said...

Like on Facebook - EFFBlog

cakesnob @ gmail

Cake Snob on May 11, 2010 at 9:16 PM said...

Like on Facebook - DrGreene

cakesnob @ gmail

Cake Snob on May 11, 2010 at 9:16 PM said...

Like on Facebook - Children's Orchard

cakesnob @ gmail

Cake Snob on May 11, 2010 at 9:16 PM said...

Like on Facebook - Danielle Elizabeth

cakesnob @ gmail

Madeline on May 12, 2010 at 2:26 PM said...

Living green means leaving less of a trail and a mess behind us as we go. It also means teaching our children to live green so they leave smaller footprints as well.

ColleenMarie82 on May 12, 2010 at 5:33 PM said...

LIving Greens means to me, making an effort to sustain the world I am living in and that my children and grandchildren will be living in.

LIVE GREEN

inman@mobap.edu

ColleenMarie82 on May 12, 2010 at 5:34 PM said...

I follow on Twitter and Tweeted

http://twitter.com/HalleelujahMom/status/13873167315

inman@mobap.edu

ColleenMarie82 on May 12, 2010 at 5:34 PM said...

I follow on GFC

inman@mobap.edu

ColleenMarie82 on May 12, 2010 at 5:35 PM said...

I subscribe to your newsletter

inman@Mobap.edu

ColleenMarie82 on May 12, 2010 at 5:35 PM said...

I LIKE YOU on facebook

inman@Mobap.edu

ColleenMarie82 on May 12, 2010 at 5:38 PM said...

LIKE DRGREENE On facebook

inman@Mobap.edu

ColleenMarie82 on May 12, 2010 at 5:38 PM said...

LIKE Children's Orchard on facebook

inman@mobap.edu

ColleenMarie82 on May 12, 2010 at 5:39 PM said...

LIKE danielle Elizabeth on facebook

inman@Mobap.edu

Jenn on May 13, 2010 at 12:51 PM said...

I choose to "live green" by doing my best not to use more than what I need.

jkaschner at gmail dot com

A Mom Writing on May 13, 2010 at 5:10 PM said...

Living green means a happy, healthy life for my whole family.

A Mom Writing on May 13, 2010 at 5:10 PM said...

I follow the blog-

A Mom Writing on May 13, 2010 at 5:10 PM said...

and my blog sports your button.

SAPsMaMa on May 14, 2010 at 12:48 AM said...

Living green means to me that I remove synthetic toxic chemicals from as much as possible in my home, eat local and sustainably, use sustainable energy when possible and reduce, reuse recycle!

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

SAPsMaMa on May 14, 2010 at 12:49 AM said...

http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/13957288757

I follow you on twitter and tweeted

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

SAPsMaMa on May 14, 2010 at 12:49 AM said...

I followed your blog

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

SAPsMaMa on May 14, 2010 at 12:50 AM said...

I joined your email

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

SAPsMaMa on May 14, 2010 at 12:50 AM said...

http://sapsmama.blogspot.com/

i have your button on my blog

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

SAPsMaMa on May 14, 2010 at 12:50 AM said...

liked the EFFBlog on facebook

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

SAPsMaMa on May 14, 2010 at 12:50 AM said...

liked DrGreen on facebook

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

SAPsMaMa on May 14, 2010 at 12:51 AM said...

liked Danielle Elizabeth on facebook

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

SAPsMaMa on May 14, 2010 at 12:52 AM said...

liked childrens orchard on facebook

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

SAPsMaMa on May 14, 2010 at 12:55 AM said...

http://sapsgiveaways.blogspot.com/2010/05/be-fashionably-green-giveaway-on-eff.html

blogged

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

Stephanie on May 14, 2010 at 12:44 PM said...

To me living green is making contientious decisions to make small changes to improve everyone's lives. Live Green!

Stefibeth @ aol.com

Stephanie on May 14, 2010 at 12:44 PM said...

I'm a follower!

Stephanie on May 14, 2010 at 12:44 PM said...

I subscribe to your email newsletter!

Stephanie on May 14, 2010 at 12:44 PM said...

I "like" you on facebook!

Stephanie on May 14, 2010 at 12:46 PM said...

I follow you on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/Stefibeth

MM4ver on May 14, 2010 at 9:28 PM said...

Living green to me means thinking about the enviroment in everything you do. And being consious about what you are putting in and on your families body.
Live Green

MM4ver on May 14, 2010 at 9:28 PM said...

I follow your blog

MM4ver on May 14, 2010 at 9:28 PM said...

I like you on Facebook

MM4ver on May 14, 2010 at 9:29 PM said...

I recieve the newsletter

Lisi B on May 15, 2010 at 7:21 AM said...

To Live Green means leaving this earth the way it was for future generations to enjoy.
schicana19 at gmail dot com

Lisi B on May 15, 2010 at 7:22 AM said...

tweet http://twitter.com/uschicana/status/14032073973
schicana19 at gmail dot com

Lisi B on May 15, 2010 at 7:23 AM said...

I follow the blog.
schicana19 at gmail dot com

Lisi B on May 15, 2010 at 7:24 AM said...

I joined the newsletter.
schicana19 at gmail dot com

Lisi B on May 15, 2010 at 7:24 AM said...

I am an EFFblog fb fan.
schicana19 at gmail dot com

Lisi B on May 15, 2010 at 7:25 AM said...

I am a DrGreene fb fan.
schicana19 at gmail dot com

Lisi B on May 15, 2010 at 7:26 AM said...

I posted on fb. http://www.facebook.com/#!/liset19?v=wall&story_fbid=127122143966142
schicana19 at gmail dot com

susan on May 15, 2010 at 3:34 PM said...

To Live Green is to think about and change (or continue) actions that impact the earth!

susan on May 15, 2010 at 3:35 PM said...

I follow and tweeted. http://twitter.com/susanlanai/status/14054944795

susan on May 15, 2010 at 3:36 PM said...

I'm a blog follower.

susan on May 15, 2010 at 3:36 PM said...

I joined your email newsletter.

SAPsMaMa on May 15, 2010 at 3:49 PM said...

http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/14055531780

tweet

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

SAPsMaMa on May 16, 2010 at 11:49 AM said...

http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/14105325929

tweet

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

Amy on May 17, 2010 at 2:38 AM said...

We live green because we are only borrowing this earth for the short time we are here and I want to do my part to make sure that it's here for my great-grandchildren.

rumbleinthekitchen@gmail.com

Amy on May 17, 2010 at 2:39 AM said...

Following on twitter and tweeted.

Amy on May 17, 2010 at 2:40 AM said...

Following blog.

Amy on May 17, 2010 at 2:40 AM said...

Already signed up for the newsletter.

Amy on May 17, 2010 at 2:40 AM said...

Blog button on my blog. rumbleinthekitchen.com

Amy on May 17, 2010 at 2:41 AM said...

Button also on essentialgreen.blogspot.com

SAPsMaMa on May 17, 2010 at 4:41 PM said...

http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/14182268005

tweet

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

susan on May 18, 2010 at 3:28 AM said...

Tweeted ~ http://twitter.com/susanlanai/status/14213648873

Lauren on May 19, 2010 at 3:57 PM said...

I'm a follower- Laroogirl@aol.com

Lauren on May 19, 2010 at 3:59 PM said...

We try to live green to do our part in protecting the earth God created. Little things make a difference and it really is not that hard to be green!

SAPsMaMa on May 19, 2010 at 5:09 PM said...

http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/14316573750

tweet

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

ColleenMarie82 on May 19, 2010 at 5:49 PM said...

daily tweet

http://twitter.com/HalleelujahMom/status/14318456464

inman@Mobap.edu

amyyellowstone on May 20, 2010 at 3:43 PM said...

To me, living green means taking small steps to make a large impact. We cloth diaper, we separate our trash into compostable and non-compostable, we try to do the little things...little things that in the long run can make a large impact. We are trying to get coworkers and friends to also take part in the small steps!
amyyellowstone at yahoo dot com

amyyellowstone on May 20, 2010 at 3:44 PM said...

I follow your blog.
amyyellowstone at yahoo dot com

amyyellowstone on May 20, 2010 at 3:44 PM said...

I get the email newsletter.
amyyellowstone at yahoo dot com

amyyellowstone on May 20, 2010 at 3:45 PM said...

I liked EFF on facebook.
amyyellowstone at yahoo dot com

Unknown on May 22, 2010 at 1:29 PM said...

Living Green means working to create an eco-healthy environment to keep my household safe and contribute to conserving our planet.

SAPsMaMa on May 22, 2010 at 9:21 PM said...

https://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/14527203425

tweet

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

SAPsMaMa on May 28, 2010 at 11:07 PM said...

http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/14950359034

tweet

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

pinkveganmiso on May 29, 2010 at 10:59 PM said...

I live green by sacrificing. No car, no air conditioning, no dryer to name a few.

pinkveganmiso(at)yahoo(dot)com

SAPsMaMa on May 30, 2010 at 11:07 AM said...

http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/15046755534

tweet

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

SAPsMaMa on May 31, 2010 at 8:22 AM said...

http://twitter.com/SAPsMaMa/status/15103903271

tweet

mphin278 at yahoo dot com

Julie on May 31, 2010 at 5:09 PM said...

LIVE GREEN-we collect water in rain barrels to water our garden. We quit buying bottled water.
We use a clothesline for drying clothes

aunteegem@yahoo.com

Julie on May 31, 2010 at 5:09 PM said...

follow your blog as jelaws5

aunteegem@yahoo.com

Julie on May 31, 2010 at 5:10 PM said...

i like you EFF on fb-julie A Scott Laws

aunteegem@yahoo.com

Unknown on May 31, 2010 at 8:51 PM said...

To me living green means living a healthier and safer life for ourselves and the environment. Live Green!

jilliebeanmh at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

For me, to live green means making the best choices that impact our environment the least. Limiting our exposure to chemicals and other harmful byproducts is a very happy side effect.

Anonymous said...

Liked DrGreen on fb

Anonymous said...

Liked Children's Orchard on fb

Anonymous said...

Liked Danielle Elizabeth on fb

tina reynolds on June 1, 2010 at 12:21 AM said...

To Live Green to me is to give back to the earth and show respect and do your part to keep it in shape for the next generation. eaglesforjack@gmail.com

tina reynolds on June 1, 2010 at 12:22 AM said...

i follow your blog

tina reynolds on June 1, 2010 at 12:22 AM said...

i subscribe to your blog

tina reynolds on June 1, 2010 at 12:23 AM said...

I like EFFBlog, on facebook (mrstinareynolds)

tina reynolds on June 1, 2010 at 12:24 AM said...

I like DrGreene, on facebook (mrstinareynolds)

tina reynolds on June 1, 2010 at 12:24 AM said...

I like Children's Orchard, on facebook (mrstinareynolds)

tina reynolds on June 1, 2010 at 12:24 AM said...

I like Danielle Elizabeth on facebook (mrstinareynolds)

Rajee on June 1, 2010 at 1:10 AM said...

Living green to me means reuse, recyle for this earthy friendly environment

rajee@momsfocusonline.com

Rajee on June 1, 2010 at 1:11 AM said...

Like us on Facebook, EFFBlog,

Post a Comment

Newer Older Home
 
Copyright © 2010 The Eco-Friendly Family