Yummy Spoonfuls began in the kitchen of wife, mother, businesswoman, and founder Agatha Achindu. Agatha is a strong believer in the old adage, "When you know better you do better", so she is passionate about educating parents on the importance of introducing their children to healthy eating at the earliest stages of life. In addition to being a mom and the CYO (Chief Yummy Officer) of Yummy Spoonfuls, Agatha dedicates her time to developing workshops and traveling across the country offering parenting groups healthy eating seminars.
As I mentioned, I was given the chance to try out Yummy Spoonfuls. As with all food products, I tried it out myself before giving it to my children. The foods had nice texture and good taste. The color was appealing too. I am pleased (an impressed) at the variety that they offer too.
After trying them myself, it was time to test it out on the taste buds of my little angels. I sat my children down for lunch and handed the older two some fruit purees. They LOVED them. My son is technically too old for this (he's 5), but I gave him the apples, since I figured it was pretty darn close to apple sauce, right? They both devoured their tubs!
Yummy Spoonfuls is 100% organic, USDA certified and a member of the Organic Trade Association! They ad no salts, preservatives, additives, sugar or fillers. They are also dairy and gluten free.
If you would like to try Yummy Spoonfuls for yourself, you can order online HERE, or find them at these retailers.
I would like to mention the downfalls. It is more expensive than most organic baby foods, but being frozen is a huge benefit nutritionally. They are served in plastic (BPA free) containers. It's not my favorite choice, but that's often part of buying a manufactured product. I would also like to mention that if you order online, they are shipped in a styrofoam container with dry ice. I am no shipping expert, so I can't say if this can be done in a more eco-friendly fashion or not. I thought I would mention it though, as it is not something that I would choose and would sooner look for it locally.
Lastly, if you love Yummy Spoonfuls, you may want to look into their Yummy Mommy Club go save up to $80/month on their products by signing up for a membership.
FCC Disclaimer: I was provided the product to review for this giveaway. No money or other perks were given. All reviews are my own and honest opinions. For more information about this blog please look here. For giveaway guidelines please look here.













1 comments:
Hi- I nominated you for a Sunshine Award! See here: http://projectbalancingact.blogspot.com/2010/04/and-award.html
Thanks :)
Susan/Project Balancing Act
Post a Comment