Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's gardening season!

As winter was winding down I began searching for a good source for organic seeds.  I looked around, became overwhelmed and didn't know where to start.  Then Cubit's Organics found me on twitter.  I checked out their site.  I really liked what I saw and decided to follow them back.

I slacked a bit and when I was finally ready to order some seeds I headed back to their site for another look around.  After some more browsing and seeing things like these, I had to go with them.  How beautiful are those beans!  I am actually not a big fan of purple, but I couldn't resist dressing up a plate with those babies.


Cubit's Organics was very generous and offered me 10 free packs of seeds for my picking.  I tell you, it was HARD to pick!  They also offered up 10 packs for one of you!  More on that in a minute ;)

Because season is already on for so many of the plants we'll be doing, I needed to get them a good start.  We headed to our local store and picked up a pack of Jiffy Strips and some new gardening gloves.  Okay, so I didn't 'need' the gloves *just* yet, but I will :)  My husband brought home some soil last night and we got to planting.


We planted 50 little cups and hopefully my husband will help me keep them alive.  He's totally the green thumb here.  I try, but I think I kill more than I help thrive.  I can keep vines and hostas alive.

So, I'm very excited about these plants.  I will be sure to update as everything begins to sprout and grow.  I would have waited to post, but because one of you has the chance to win some seeds, I wanted to be sure you got them in time to plant them!

----Update! We have a winner!----
The giveaway portion is over :) Thank you to everyone that participated!

Congratulations to ColleenMarie82! Enjoy!

Are you ready to win a gift from Cubit's Organics?
Here's how!
Please leave a separate comment for each entry in order to have it counted.

This entry is mandatory! If you do not do this, your other entries will not count!
Head over to Cubit's Organics and let me know what item you would *love* to try, be specific! Include your email address (if it's not on your profile) and the words "Live Green" somewhere in your comment.

Want more entries?

*Follow us & Cubit's Organics and tweet this giveaway! Please tweet, "Win & grow your garden with @cubits & @EFFblog http://bit.ly/1jtGb1 #organic" Leave a comment with a link to your status. Tweet daily for more entries!

*Follow the blog and post letting me know that you are :)

*Join our new email newsletter for notices on special events coming up for the blog.

*Put the our Blog Button on your blog sidebar or web page. Leave a link!

*Become a fan of the EFF blog on Facebook, leave a comment.

*Become a fan of Cubits on facebook, leave a comment.

*Post about this giveaway on your blog or other social media. Leave a comment with a link.

and as always, Good Luck and Enjoy!

US & Canada Only. Giveaway ends April 14th. I'll use random.org to pick a winner. I will email the winner. If I do not hear back within 48 hours a new winner will be picked.

FCC Disclaimer: I was provided the product to review for the giveaway. No money or other perks were given. All reviews are my own and honest opinions. For more information about this blog please look here. For giveaway guidelines please look here.

96 comments:

Kitty on April 7, 2010 at 9:17 AM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kitty on April 7, 2010 at 9:18 AM said...

I like the Dutch Trowel and also Aunt Molly's Ground Cherry.

maynekitty///at///live///dot///com

Live Green

Kitty on April 7, 2010 at 9:20 AM said...

follow and tweeted

http://twitter.com/maynekitty/status/11755838323

Kitty on April 7, 2010 at 9:22 AM said...

FB Fan-Kitty Mayne of ur blog

Kitty on April 7, 2010 at 9:23 AM said...

FB Fan-Kitty Mayne of Cubits

Amy on April 7, 2010 at 9:35 AM said...

Live Green! I would love to try Brandywine Tomato!

amyallen76 at gmail dot com

Amy on April 7, 2010 at 9:35 AM said...

I follow via Google Reader.

amyallen76 at gmail dot com

Amy on April 7, 2010 at 9:37 AM said...

I am a Facebook fan of Eco-Friendly family!

amyallen76 at gmail dot com

Amy on April 7, 2010 at 9:37 AM said...

I am a Facebook fan of Cubits!

amyallen76 at gmail dot com

Carla on April 7, 2010 at 10:03 AM said...

My family and I are truly on a quest to live green. We are taking baby steps to get there. I love the elite ball jars for canning. I love that they are square!

Carla on April 7, 2010 at 10:04 AM said...

I follow EFF.

Jill on April 7, 2010 at 11:23 AM said...

I would Love to try the Sumter Cucumbers. Nothing like a grabbing a garden fresh cucumber and chowing down!
Live Green!!

jilldaniel_wv@yahoo.com

Jill on April 7, 2010 at 11:24 AM said...

I follow your blog with google friend.

jilldaniel_wv@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I would love to try the Sumter Cucumber. I want to plant a nice garden to help my family "live green."

kimberlysummer40@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I signed up to receive your newsletter.

kimberlysummer40@aol.com

nsees on April 7, 2010 at 5:31 PM said...

We are living green this spring by planting our first garden and I would love to try their sugar baby watermelon.

nikkiseesholtz @ yahoo

nsees on April 7, 2010 at 5:31 PM said...

I'm a follower of your blog

nikkiseesholtz @ yahoo

nsees on April 7, 2010 at 5:32 PM said...

On the newsletter list

nikkiseesholtz @ yahoo

nsees on April 7, 2010 at 5:35 PM said...

New fan of yours on FB

nikkiseesholtz @ yahoo

Melanie said...

I would love to try the Zucchini Black Beauty and the Zucchini Golden. They look so good!

Mel0314 at yahoo dot com

Melanie said...

We are going to live green this summer by growing our first garden! I would love to try the Zucchini Black Beauty and the Zucchini Golden. They look so good!

mel0314 at yahoo dot com

Melanie said...

I'm following on Twitter and tweeted about this blog

http://twitter.com/richardsons2004

mel0314@yahoo.com

Melanie said...

I'm a fan of EFF on Facebook.

mel0314 at yahoo dot com

Melanie said...

I'm a fan of Cubits on Facebook.

mel0314 at yahoo dot com

Tracey on April 7, 2010 at 9:10 PM said...

We Live Green over here and are re-locating our garden this year. The surrounding trees got to big and now block the sun! I would love to try the Black Beauty Eggplant. So beautiful!

Tracey on April 7, 2010 at 9:13 PM said...

Follow you and Cubits Organic on Twitter and tweeted
http://twitter.com/aMothersEarth/status/11797350106

Tracey on April 7, 2010 at 9:16 PM said...

Fan of EFF on FB

Tracey on April 7, 2010 at 9:17 PM said...

Fan of Cubits on FB

Tracey on April 7, 2010 at 9:20 PM said...

I put your button on my blog
http://amothersearth.blogspot.com/

Patricia Gilbert said...

Live Green & prosper!!!

Mild Mesclun Mix IS what I would like to try from Cubits Organics

kibelea@bellsouth.net

Anonymous said...

absolutely adore this giveaway idea. :) Live Green is the only way to live these days. I would love to try the Mint (or the German Chamomile if the mint is out of stock). (melisa@kokomele.com)

Anonymous said...

http://twitter.com/kokomele following everyone on twitter. :)

Anonymous said...

following the blog.

Anonymous said...

fan on FB

Anonymous said...

you have been blog buttoned http://kokomele.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I would love to try out Composting Supplies that are coming soon!

Live green!

caley(dot)kolb(at)loop(dot)colum(dot)edu

Anonymous said...

FB fan of cubits

caley(dot)kolb(at)loop(dot)colum(dot)edu

CherryBlossomMJ on April 8, 2010 at 12:56 PM said...

*not an entry*

I need to learn to garden....


I'm following from MBC GFC. I have a new address that I just mentioned over there, http://www.creativemadnessmama.com so please follow there. Thanks! I hope to get to know you soon. *grin*

jennifer57 on April 8, 2010 at 2:19 PM said...

Tom Thumb Popcorn

Katie on April 8, 2010 at 3:09 PM said...

Planting my own garden will help me live green! Their Mild Mesclun Mix will be delicious.
katiekarr at gmail dot com

Bebemiqui on April 8, 2010 at 6:34 PM said...

Ooh, I'd love to try and grow the ground cherries here in colorado!
bebemiqui82(at)yahoo(dot)com

crazywriter84 on April 8, 2010 at 7:10 PM said...

Live Green! I'd like to try the Watermelon Crimson Sweet.

crazywriter@hotmail.com

Liza on April 8, 2010 at 8:50 PM said...

hoping my garden does well this year. it is truly one of the best ways to live green. i am very interested in the Elite Ball Jars over at cubits. i am hoping to be able to do some canning this year, if my garden does well! thanks!
lmmarzilli at gmail dot com

Liza on April 8, 2010 at 8:51 PM said...

i follow your blog
lmmarzilli at gmail dot com

Liza on April 8, 2010 at 8:51 PM said...

i'm a fan of EFF on FB
lmmarzilli at gmail dot com

Liza on April 8, 2010 at 8:53 PM said...

became a fan of cubits on FB
lmmarzilli at gmail dot com

Liza on April 8, 2010 at 8:53 PM said...

your button is on my blog
http://vitainverde.wordpress.com/
lmmarzilli at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I would love to try to grow Royal Burgundy Beans. Live Green! mypottyseat(at)gmail(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog. mypottyseat(at)gmail(dot)com

Kitty on April 9, 2010 at 9:23 AM said...

tweet 4/9

http://twitter.com/maynekitty/status/11880177734

Jacqie on April 9, 2010 at 11:54 AM said...

I'd like to live green by growing my own vegetables, specifically the brandywine tomato.

Jacqie on April 9, 2010 at 11:54 AM said...

Fan of EFF blog on FB.

Jacqie on April 9, 2010 at 11:54 AM said...

Subscribe to emails.

Jacqie on April 9, 2010 at 11:55 AM said...

your button is on my blog

http://talesofthewife.blogspot.com

Tim, Allyson, and kids on April 9, 2010 at 12:00 PM said...

I'd love to try the Basil collection. We love basil and try to live green.

a_heart4home[at]yahoo[dot]com

Tim, Allyson, and kids on April 9, 2010 at 12:05 PM said...

follow on twitter @heart4home
tweeted here
http://twitter.com/heart4home/status/11887800340
a_heart4home[at]yahoo[dot]com

Tim, Allyson, and kids on April 9, 2010 at 12:08 PM said...

blog button http://a-heart4home.blogspot.com

a_heart4home[at]yahoo[dot]com

Joy@WDDCH on April 9, 2010 at 10:08 PM said...

First, love the blog and the concept behind your blog! I'm ALL about those who LIVE GREEN because I try to live green myself.

If I won there's too many choices. I seriously want it all, ha ha! I honestly want to start an herb garden with parsley, basil, mint, chives, rosemary, cilantro, dill, oregano, thyme, tarragon, etc., etc. So if I won I'd love something from their herb collection! I want to try my hand at herbs and see how I do before I dig into the fruits and veggies.

Joy@WDDCH on April 9, 2010 at 10:10 PM said...

Following via the Google Friend Connect!

Joy@WDDCH on April 9, 2010 at 10:10 PM said...

Joined your email newsletter (please let me know if this doesn't go through; sometimes it doesn't work for me for some odd reason).

Joy@WDDCH on April 9, 2010 at 10:12 PM said...

Blog button at girlygirlgiveaways.blogspot.com!

Joy@WDDCH on April 9, 2010 at 10:14 PM said...

Your FB Fan

Joy@WDDCH on April 9, 2010 at 10:14 PM said...

Cubits FB Fan

Kitty on April 10, 2010 at 9:50 AM said...

tweet 4/10

http://twitter.com/maynekitty/status/11937515555

Colleen at Forty Something Bride on April 10, 2010 at 9:57 PM said...

I like to Live Green, so the Newspaper PotMaker is a product I would love to try. Currently I shred my old newspapers and use them as kitty litter!

EmmysBoosAndRawrs on April 12, 2010 at 2:37 AM said...

I would love to try the newspaper pot maker. what a neat product!

my email is littleheathen9109 @ Yahoo dot com

Stephanie on April 12, 2010 at 2:00 PM said...

I love EFF!
Stirring my compost and need some good organic herbs for my tabletop garden!

ColleenMarie82 on April 12, 2010 at 5:54 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ColleenMarie82 on April 12, 2010 at 5:55 PM said...

I like the Newspaper PotMaker

LIVE GREEN

inman@Mobap.edu

ColleenMarie82 on April 12, 2010 at 5:56 PM said...

I follow on Twitter and Tweeted

http://twitter.com/HalleelujahMom/status/12067947190

inman@Mobap.edu

ColleenMarie82 on April 12, 2010 at 5:56 PM said...

I follow on GFC

inman@Mobap.edu

ColleenMarie82 on April 12, 2010 at 5:57 PM said...

I subscribe to your newsletter

inman@mobap.edu

ColleenMarie82 on April 12, 2010 at 5:57 PM said...

YOur facebook fan

inman@mobap.edu

ColleenMarie82 on April 12, 2010 at 5:58 PM said...

Cubits facebook fan

inman@Mobap.edu

ColleenMarie82 on April 13, 2010 at 3:58 PM said...

daily tweet

http://twitter.com/HalleelujahMom/status/12121415610

inman@Mobap.edu

Julie on April 14, 2010 at 11:36 AM said...

I would like trying to grow my own herbs like dill, oregano, rosemary, sage and parsley

LIVE GREEN :)

aunteegem@yahoo.com

Julie on April 14, 2010 at 11:37 AM said...

I follow your blog as jelaws5
aunteegem@yahoo.com

Julie on April 14, 2010 at 11:38 AM said...

email subscriber

aunteegem@yahoo.com

Julie on April 14, 2010 at 11:39 AM said...

FB fan of EFF-Julie A Scott Laws

aunteegem@yahoo.com

Julie on April 14, 2010 at 11:39 AM said...

FB fan of Cubits-Julie A Scott Laws

aunteegem@yahoo.com

K on April 14, 2010 at 11:42 AM said...

I would love to try the Royal Acorn Squash. It's a favorite in my family.

Live Green!

romancingthestork (at) gmail (dot) com

K on April 14, 2010 at 11:42 AM said...

Follower!

romancingthestork (at) gmail (dot) com

Jen M on April 14, 2010 at 2:04 PM said...

Live Green!!!!!

I love the Red Pear Cherry Tomato. Perfect for us since the kids could easily help pick them and we eat salad every night with dinner!

ColleenMarie82 on April 14, 2010 at 2:18 PM said...

daily tweet

http://twitter.com/HalleelujahMom/status/12176882921

inman@Mobap.edu

DEBIJOT on April 14, 2010 at 9:15 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DEBIJOT on April 14, 2010 at 9:16 PM said...

I like the Sumter Cucumber. - Live Green!

DEBIJOT on April 14, 2010 at 9:17 PM said...

signed up for newsletter

DEBIJOT on April 14, 2010 at 9:19 PM said...

Cubits FB fan

DEBIJOT on April 14, 2010 at 9:20 PM said...

EFF FB fan

Renee G on April 14, 2010 at 10:17 PM said...

I would love to try their Gold Rush Beans.
It's a good way for us to Live Green.
rsgrandinetti@yahoo(DOT)com

lace on April 14, 2010 at 10:38 PM said...

I'd like to try growing Green Husk Tomatillos. I've never heard of ground cherries before. They look similar to tomatillos. I wonder if they are.

tina reynolds on April 14, 2010 at 10:59 PM said...

I love the Aunt Molly's Ground Cherry thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com

tina reynolds on April 14, 2010 at 11:00 PM said...

I subscribe the blog

Carolyn G on April 15, 2010 at 11:01 AM said...

Live green! carogonza1 (at) yahoo

I would love to try the Green Husk Tomatillos

Carolyn G on April 15, 2010 at 11:02 AM said...

facebook fan of EFF: carolyn Gonzalez

Carolyn G on April 15, 2010 at 11:03 AM said...

follow cubits on facebook

Post a Comment

Newer Older Home
 
Copyright © 2010 The Eco-Friendly Family