Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Booty Luster

Okay so that's the name of the product, but don't you just love the name?  How cute is that?!

I suppose it might make more sense if I told you what it was right?  It's a great new product from Thirsties.  If you have been a reader here long, you might know that I just love Thirsties and all of their products.

Please check out my previous reviews here, here & here.

Thirsties is a small (but growing!) cloth diaper company committed to greener parenting and eco-friendly solutions, not to mention 100% USA made quality! Their diapers are made by work at home mothers, and very close to their Canon City warehouse, reducing their carbon output. They donate to Miracle Diapers, a company in which one can apply for free or low cost diapers to those with financial need. Please take a moment to read more about them, their commitment to our planet, and how they choose to operate. You can find that here.

Thirsties has lots of other products too, you can even request a catalog by going here :)

I have always been frugal when it came to cloth wipes.  Typically I stack them up and just grab one as needed, wet it and go.  It works, but doesn't provide any sense of 'fresh'.

When Thirsties asked me to review their new solution and wipes, I was thrilled.  I have never used a wipes solution before and their wipes are adorable.

The Fab Wipes come in 6-packs of assorted colors (boy or girl).  They are super soft one and scrubby all at the same time.  I often find myself reaching for them first because they are so big and handy to use :)  Just one is often enough to handle even the messiest diaper change.



Booty Luster is a great partner to the wipes.  Wet your wipe with water, give the bottle a good shake and your baby's bottom a spray or two, wipe and you're good to go.

I've also found that if I'm on the go and have no water, I can use a spray to get it wet enough to get me through until next time :)

Booty Lust has a pleasant (naturally occuring) citrus scent, is completely non-toxic, non-irritating, biodegradable and hand made in small batches here in the USA.

Booty Luster contains: Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, 100% Pure Coconut Water, Organic White Honey, Grapefruit Seed Extract**, Humectant Moisturizers, Avocado and other Organic Ingredients.

**Grapefuit Seed Extract is one of the things recommended to use when/if yeast ever becomes an issue in cloth diapers.  I would imagine that this would also help keep it away!

Thirsties Booty Luster is free of petroleum, alcohols, animal products, parabens, sulfates, DPGs, or any dilutants; nor are any of our products ever tested on animals.  Booty Luster is for external use only.  Keep out of the reach of children.

I would also like to mention that I tried this product on myself.  I figured if I was willing to use it on my baby, I should know that it was safe and gentle from experience.  It was and is.  I thought I would throw that out there in case it would help provide some piece of mind, as it did with me.

I love Thirsties and I want you to too!  Thirsties has generously offered up an 8 oz Booty Luster (it comes in 4 oz too!) and a pack of Fab Wipes to one lucky reader.

----Update! We have a winner!----
The giveaway portion is over :) Thank you to everyone that participated!

Congratulations to amallicoat! Enjoy!

Here's how to win!
Please leave a separate comment for each entry in order to have it counted.

This entry is mandatory! If you do not do this, your other entries will not count!
Please post here telling me another Thirsties product that you would like to try. Include your email address (if it's not on your profile) and the words "Live Green" somewhere in your comment.

Want more entries?

*Follow us and tweet this giveaway! Please tweet, "Win Thirsties Booty Luster @EFFblog http://bit.ly/1jtGb1 #clothdiapers" Leave a comment with a link to your status. Tweet daily for more entries!

*Follow the blog and post letting me know that you are :)

*Join our new email newsletter for notices on special events coming up for the blog.

*Put the our Blog Button on your blog sidebar or web page. Leave a link!

*Become a fan of the EFF blog on Facebook, leave a comment.

*Become a fan of Thirsties on facebook, leave a comment.

*Post about this giveaway on your blog or other social media. Leave a comment with a link.

and as always, Good Luck and Enjoy!

US Only. Giveaway ends April 13th. I'll use random.org to pick a winner. I will email the winner. If I do not hear back within 48 hours a new winner will be picked.

FCC Disclaimer: I was provided the product to review for the giveaway (Thank you Thirsties!). No money or other perks were given. All reviews are my own and honest opinions. For more information about this blog please look here. For giveaway guidelines please look here.

56 comments:

Amy on April 6, 2010 at 9:07 AM said...

Live Green! I would like to try the Diaper Cover!

amyallen76 at gmail dot com

Amy on April 6, 2010 at 9:08 AM said...

I follow via Google Reader!

amyallen76 at gmail dot com

Sarah on April 6, 2010 at 9:26 AM said...

Live green. sarebear.w at gmail dot com

I want to try the duo wrap- the new prints are so cute!

Sarah on April 6, 2010 at 9:26 AM said...

I follow your blog.

sarebear.w at gmail dot com

Miss G on April 6, 2010 at 9:28 AM said...

I would like to try the thirsties wipes as well!

Miss G on April 6, 2010 at 9:29 AM said...

I follow this blog!

Miss G on April 6, 2010 at 9:29 AM said...

Live green! I'd like to try the thirsties wipes!

Tatiana on April 6, 2010 at 10:22 AM said...

I'm a EFF fan on Facebook!

Tsciancalepore at gmail dot com

Tatiana on April 6, 2010 at 10:23 AM said...

I've already tried all the products except their wipes, so in order to "live green"...I'd like to give those a shot!

Tatiana on April 6, 2010 at 10:24 AM said...

I follow your blog with Google Reader!

Unknown on April 6, 2010 at 10:35 AM said...

LIVE GREEN!!! I love all Thirsties products and want more. We have not tried the pre wash and super wash yet!

Unknown on April 6, 2010 at 10:35 AM said...

I follow with GFC

Unknown on April 6, 2010 at 10:36 AM said...

I follow and tweeted.

Unknown on April 6, 2010 at 10:38 AM said...

I addeed your button to my blog.

Jill on April 6, 2010 at 11:48 AM said...

I've been drooling over Thirsties Fab Fitteds for some time now. LIVE GREEN!

jilldaniel_wv@yahoo.com

Jill on April 6, 2010 at 11:49 AM said...

I follow this blog publicly with google friend.

jilldaniel_wv@yahoo.com

Kristin V on April 6, 2010 at 12:19 PM said...

I would like to try there new duo diaper to live green.

jagarmywife at gmail dot com

Kristin V on April 6, 2010 at 12:20 PM said...

I follow the blog.

jagarmywife at gmail dot com

Amy on April 6, 2010 at 1:19 PM said...

Live Green! I would like to try the Thirsties duo wrap. I have a different thirsties diaper that I love.

Anonymous said...

Live Green. I would like to try the duo wrap.
jilliebeanmh at gmail dot com

N. on April 6, 2010 at 6:58 PM said...

In an atttempt to Live Green, we're planning on CDing our new addition in Sept. I want to try it all!

slang76 on April 6, 2010 at 9:41 PM said...

I plan to Live Green by cloth diapering...I cant wait to try the Thirsties Duo Wrap!

slang76@hotmail.com

slang76 on April 6, 2010 at 9:41 PM said...

I follow the blog on google reader!

slang76@hotmail.com

Carli said...

I would love to try the Duo Wrap!
Live Green!

armybride14 at yahoo dot com

Carli said...

I subscribe to the newsletter

armybride14 at yahoo dot com

Carli said...

I am a fan of EFF on facebook

armybride14 at yahoo dot com

Carli said...

I am a fan of Thristies on facebook

armybride14 at yahoo dot com

Ames on April 7, 2010 at 11:26 PM said...

I would like to Live Green with a duo diaper to add to my stash :)

*nikki on April 8, 2010 at 11:33 AM said...

i can't wait to use my stash of thirsties! one thing i don't have yet that i would really like to try are the fab wipes, so this is the perfect giveaway for me! we're always looking for new ways to live green. :-D

lytedark at gmail

*nikki on April 8, 2010 at 11:33 AM said...

i follow your blog!

lytedark at gmail

Anonymous said...

I like to Live Green and have tried most of Thirsties products. I would like to try a Duo Diaper.

amallicoat at hotmail dot com

*nikki on April 8, 2010 at 11:34 AM said...

i'm an EFF FB fan!

lytedark at gmail

*nikki on April 8, 2010 at 11:35 AM said...

i'm also a thirsties FB fan!!

lytedark at gmail

Laura on April 9, 2010 at 8:59 PM said...

Actually, the fab wipes ARE the item that I really want to try! A friend of mine just had a baby last Thursday (my first CD convert- it was so easy to show her the little ways to live green!) and when I went to visit her, she had 3 packs of the fab wipes- I was so jealous!

jwpbride at gmail dot com

Laura on April 9, 2010 at 9:00 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura on April 9, 2010 at 9:02 PM said...

your button is in my blog:

http://theabsoluteluckiest.blogspot.com/

jwpbride at gmail

Laura on April 9, 2010 at 9:02 PM said...

I'm a fan of Thirsties on FB!

jwpbride at gmail

Laura on April 9, 2010 at 9:03 PM said...

I'm a fan of the EFF blog on FB!

jwpbride at gmail

Laura on April 9, 2010 at 9:05 PM said...

I follow the EFF blog!

jwpbride at gmail

Laura on April 9, 2010 at 9:10 PM said...

I'm signed up for the newsletters, too!

jwpbride at gmail

slang76 on April 10, 2010 at 12:31 PM said...

I am a fan of EFF on Facebook!

slang76@hotmail.com

slang76 on April 10, 2010 at 12:31 PM said...

I am a fan of Thirsties on Facebook!

slang76@hotmail.com

Unknown on April 11, 2010 at 10:17 AM said...

Live green! I would like to try out the thirsties wipes!

mrs.rtowery3 at gmail dot com

ColleenMarie82 on April 12, 2010 at 5:45 PM said...

I like their fab fitted cloth diaper

LIVE GREEN

inman@mobap.edu

ColleenMarie82 on April 12, 2010 at 5:47 PM said...

I follow on Twitter and Tweeted

http://twitter.com/HalleelujahMom/status/12067561891

inman@Mobap.edu

ColleenMarie82 on April 12, 2010 at 5:47 PM said...

I follow on GFC

inman@Mobap.edu

ColleenMarie82 on April 12, 2010 at 5:48 PM said...

I signed up for your newsletter

inman@Mobap.edu

ColleenMarie82 on April 12, 2010 at 5:49 PM said...

Thirsties Facebook fan

inman@Mobap.edu

Vanessa on April 13, 2010 at 12:18 PM said...

I'd love to Live Green by trying the duo diaper!

jewelsntreasures (at) yahoo (dot) com

Vanessa on April 13, 2010 at 12:19 PM said...

Tweet: http://twitter.com/jewelsntreasure/status/12111952369

jewelsntreasures (at) yahoo (dot) com

ColleenMarie82 on April 13, 2010 at 3:56 PM said...

daily tweet

http://twitter.com/HalleelujahMom/status/12121339355

inman@mobap.edu

Unknown on April 13, 2010 at 6:45 PM said...

live green

at gmail: a midg rn

fab fitted

tina reynolds on April 13, 2010 at 8:13 PM said...

I would love to try the Duo diaper thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com

tina reynolds on April 13, 2010 at 8:14 PM said...

I follow on twitter and tweeted http://twitter.com/mrstinareynolds/status/12132708015

tina reynolds on April 13, 2010 at 8:15 PM said...

i follow your blog

tina reynolds on April 13, 2010 at 8:15 PM said...

I am a facebook fan of your blog (mrstinareynolds)

Post a Comment

Newer Older Home
 
Copyright © 2010 The Eco-Friendly Family