Enter Horizon!
I have been meaning to switch to organic milk for some time now, and now I've finally done it!
Horizon offers organic milk that is produced without antibiotics, pesticides or cloning, from cows not given added growth hormones.
When I saw an opportunity to try out Horizon's Organic lowfat Chocolate Milk with DHA Omega-3, I jumped!
Not only is it something that I've been wanting to try, but something I hoped my family would love too.
Meet my two little testers and hear what they have to say about this milk!
The big people in our home tested it too, but we are not nearly as cute or entertaining. Sorry!
We all really enjoyed this milk. I grew up on chocolate syrup and have always had a fondness for it's flavor. I generally find that other brands just don't taste right to me. That is not the case with this milk!
I love the flavor of Horizon's chocolate milk. It is creamy and rich, but not too rich. It's like drinking a malt or melted chocolate ice cream. It is just very, very yummy! There was no "please drink your milk sweety" to the kids, that's for sure. They were asking for it!
Let's talk about healthy! Horizon Organic lowfat Chocolate Milk has DHA Omega-3, wish is a very important nutrient that help support heart, brain and eye health. I recently read that most diets, even healthy ones are deficient in Omega-3, so any chance I get to put it into our diet, I take. I think the kids like this more than the flax seed I've been throwing at them. Visit http://www.horizonorganicdha.com/ to learn more about the benefits of DHA Omega-3! You can also go here to learn more about the other nutritional benefits of this milk :)
The only thing I would love more is if it came in whole milk as well. According to the AAP, young children need calories from fat for growth and brain development, especially important in the first 2 years of life. This would be important to me if I bought it often and if my daughter was still under two. Also, my son especially is so thin, I would be happy if he drank whole milk all day long.
Horizon has been so wonderful to work with and they want to share all of this yumminess with you :)
TWO lucky readers will have the chance to win 2 coupons for a free half gallon of Horizon Organic lowfat Chocolate Milk with DHA Omega-3 *and* 2 coupons for $1 off a half gallon of the same milk.
If you don't win, don't fret! You can buy it and enjoy it just the same. It's well worth it. If you need help finding where to purchase it, try this handy store locator.
----Update! We have a winner!----
The giveaway portion is over :) Thank you to everyone that participated!
The giveaway portion is over :) Thank you to everyone that participated!
Congratulations to Nikki & Layla and studentwannabe! Enjoy!
Here's how to win!
Please leave a separate comment for each entry in order to have it counted.
This entry is mandatory! If you do not do this, your other entries will not count!
Tell me why organic is important to you and why you would love to try this product. Include your email address (I can't tell you you've won without it!) and the words "Live Green" somewhere in your comment.
Want more entries?
*Follow EFFBlog & Horizon on Twitter and tweet this giveaway! Please tweet, "Win yummy Organic Chocolate Milk from @HorizonDairy & @EFFblog http://bit.ly/1jtGb1 #ecofriendly #eco #green" Leave a comment with a link to your status. Tweet daily for more entries!
*Follow our blog and post letting me know that you are :)
*Become a member of our new Green Living Community, leave a comment letting me know.
*Enter one of the great giveaways going on there now! Leave a comment for each one you enter!
*Join our email newsletter (right sidebar) for notices on special events coming up for the blog.
*Put the EFF Blog Button on your blog sidebar or web page. Leave a link!
*Become a fan of the EFF blog on Facebook, leave a comment.
*Become a fan of Horizon on Facebook, leave a comment.
*Post about this giveaway on your blog or other social media. Leave a comment with a link.
and as always, Good Luck and Enjoy!
US Only. Giveaway ends March 17th. I'll use random.org to pick a winner. I will email the winner. If I do not hear back within 48 hours a new winner will be picked.
FCC Disclaimer: I responded to Horizon to participate in this review. Product was provided to me for reviw. No money or other perks were given. All reviews are my own and honest opinions. For more information about this blog please look here. For giveaway guidelines please look here.













48 comments:
Another great giveaway! Unfortunately, my oldest doesn't like chocolate, but the rest of us do!
Organic is important to my family because we like to know what we are consuming and it shouldn't be unpronounceable! We love milk in this house and my youngest would love to try Horizon chocolate milk. We try to live green every day and are always looking for ideas.
cabunnybump@gmail.com
I follow the blog.
cabunnybump@gmail.com
I'm a member of the Green Living Community.
cabunnybump@gmail.com
I'd like to think organic is good for both my health and the earth. Going organic is going easy on the earth as well. I buy Horizon milk all the time but never chocolate one, this would be a great chance to give it a try.
tcaroline at gmail dot com
Follow EFFBlog & Horizon on Twitter @tcarolinep and tweet.http://twitter.com/tcarolinep/status/10260471806
Blog follower.
Member of Green Living Community - Jessie C.
tcarolinep
I joined email newsletter
tcarolinep at gmail dot com
button.http://tcarolinep.blogspot.com/
"Live Green"
FB fan@tcarolinep JessieKatie S.
"Live Green"
fan of Horizon on Facebook@tcarolinep JessieKatie S.
Blogged.http://tcarolinep.blogspot.com/2010/03/giveaway-eco-friendly-family.html
new follower from MBC my blog is
http://showmemama.blogspot.com/
Organic is important to me bc I want my family to LIVE GREEN by not ingesting extra hormones, additives, etc.
Your button is on my blog
talesofthewife.blogspot.com
member of the GL community
entered giveaways on the GL community
Fan of EFF blog on FB
Had a glass of Horizon chocolate milk this morning (as I do most mornings)- I agree its great stuff! Organic dairy and meats have been shown to have the most impact on peoples' diets so I've been trying to go that route as much as possible and Horizon definitely helps in that department. Live Green!
rniburg@yahoo.com
Your children are adorable! We chose organic dairy to avoid the chemicals and hormones found in conventional dairy products.
Live Green!
smithmn1@gmail.com
Organic is important to me because I believe pesticides are poison, plus this looks delicious! Who doesn't love chocolate milk?
katiekarr at gmail dot com
I follow the EFF blog and Horizon on Twitter and tweeted about the giveaway.
http://twitter.com/happymomtoboys
I live green as much as possible and I always, always buy organic milk. It it so important to be because I want to avoid getting second hand growth hormones and antibotics into my kids. Same with meat!
I follow EFF blog
I follow effblog on twitter @MWYT
I am a member of the green living community.
Followed you on Facebook.
Organic is important to me b/c it's good for me and the earth and I like to LIVE GREEN :) I would like to try this product b/c I love chocolate milk :)
chirpatme at rocketmail dot com
I'm following :)
chirpatme at rocketmail dot com
I'm a fan of Horizon on Facebook
chirpatme at rocketmail dot com
I just signed up to be a member of our new Green Living Community. Thanks.
chirpatme at rocketmail dot com
Organic living is very important to me because I want to do everything I can to ensure that my family and I live long, healthy, and happy lives. I also try and live green to help to protect this beautiful planet we live on...
I also posted about this giveaway on my blog:
http://diapersanddandelions.blogspot.com
Eating and living organically is important to me because I like to know what my family and I are consuming and living around. Live Green!
niklt34 @ gmail.com
I'm a fan of the EFF Blog on facebook.
niklt34 @ gmail.com
I follow this blog! niklt34 @gmail.com
I'm a member of Green Living Community!
niklt34 @gmail.com
The EFF blog button is posted on my blog.
http://mamaisonthemove.blogspot.com/
niklt34 @ gmail.com
It's important to me to teach my kids to live green and organic is a big part of that. I only buy organic milk for them because I want to keep as many chemicals, hormones, antibiotics, etc. out of their precious little bodies as possible. Thank you for the giveaway!
Cathy
cfoblog *at* gmail *dot* com
I try to LIVE GREEN! I want to provide my family with the healthiest options: food, clothing, cleaners, etc. whenever possible!
huppiemama(at)gmail(dot)com
Following your blog.
huppiemama(at)gmail(dot)com
organic is important to me because I want my family to be healthy and not full of added chemicals and junk, we drink a lot of chocolate milk, i would love to switch thanks eaglesforjack@gmail.com
i subscribe to your blog newsletter thanks eaglesforjack@gmail.com
i am a facebook fan of horizon (mrstinareynolds)
Post a Comment