Yes, you read that right. Caffeine Free! Well for the most part. We switched our coffee to decaff, our tea doesn't have it and we don't drink much soda. This isn't to say that we won't on occasion have it, it just means that we have removed it from our regular diet :)
We are on our fourth day of no caffeine and it's mostly good. I absolutely notice a drop in energy, but I figure that's par for the course. We have had a cup of coffee every morning for most of our adult lives, it's bound to leave us a little sluggish until our bodies work themselves back to normal :)
As a fun note, check out these images from a NASA study. On the left is the web of a spider in it's normal, non-drugged state. On the right is the web of a spider who has been exposed to caffeine.
Have you dropped caffeine from your life? I would love to hear how others have done this and how they felt/feel afterward :)










10 comments:
I dropped caffeine in my first trimester because coffee didn't sound good. Because I was so tired anyway from the pregnancy, I didn't notice it get any worse with no caffeine. I think I'll probably stick with no caffeine for awhile after baby is born. Maybe a cup every once in awhile.
I used to drink at least one soda a day. At the beginning of January, I started going without. The first few days, I had headaches from the lack of caffeine but now I am good. I still occassionally have a soda (like one every few weeks). I have also lost a few pounds since I am not drinking all those extra calories, yay!
Wowzers! Good job! We haven't gone completely caffeine free, but I used to drink 3-4 cups of coffee/day...yes yes I was bad. Now, I drink 1-2 but usually just 1. I consider that pretty good :) The tea I drink doesn't have caffeine and I almost never drink soda...my husband does though. But, he only has like 3/week. I'm hoping to cut down on my coffee even more as time goes on, but for now I'm happy with my progress! Good job!!
Can I ask what your motivation was in dropping caffeine? The thought of giving up my morning cup of coffee makes me want to cry!
I have been 99% caffeine free for years and years (and my husband is probably about 90%). I love not having that vice in my life. It's an easy way to feel like my body is healthier!
I've been caffeine free for years, like nsees, and Hubs will go through phases where he eliminates it, then starts again, then eliminates. I can tell you that when he isn't drinking it, his energy levels are much more even, he doesn't get headaches, and his depression is more manageable. Case in point: Hubs stopped drinking caffeine for a few weeks, then decided to indulge in a diet soda. That night, he had some major anxiety for which the only explanation was the soda! No caffeine for us! (I also enjoy the space on my countertop that is freed by not having the coffee maker sitting there!)
That's pretty cool. We have never been a family to keep soda at our home...only on occassions when we have company and think they might want some. We do have coffee and tea. Most times I buys decaff tea...my hubby HAS to have coffee every morning, so it's caff, but I have some decaf. I've never really noticed caffeine helping me much. Even when I drink coffee...I sip on it and I usually get tired...weird I know:) I love not having sodas in the house. I'm Elizabeth by the way...nice to "meet" you. I love your blog...have a blessed evening.
We have never been coffee drinkers, I prefer the blended starbucks type of coffee drinks. We own a coffee maker but that's mostly for guests and when DH occasionally decides he needs some.
I try to limit myself to one soda a day, not even really for the caffeine since it isn't much, but for the flavor...I love my coca-cola! Sure I *could* buy caffeine free but I don't mind the small boost, and it's a small enough amt. that I can skip a day or two without noticing.
Wow I can 't imagine! At least all my coffee is fair trade organic ;-)
I have never been a fan of coffee, however I grew up on soda. :( I have kicked the habit a couple different times with varied success (usually for at least 4 months, but up to 3 years!). It is hard, and I fall easily with "just one". :) However I do always note how much better I feel. I'm not sure if it is the lack of caffeine, or that I am likely drinking more water and fruit juice!
Post a Comment