Friday, February 5, 2010

Always forgetting your reusable bags? Do you have Bagnesia?

Ditch it with this cute kit that reminds you to Grab Your Bags.

I love reusable bags. I think everyone should use them :) I've talked about them before, but I love any chance to do it again!

I am actually pretty good at remembering my bags, but it's not quite the same story with my husband (not even close). I was very pleased to have a chance to try out this great little reminder kit.

It includes a reusable shopping bag (to get your goodies in), a door hanger & steering wheel wrap (to remind you to bring them), a little mini clip (to snap your bag onto something or put it on your key chain as another reminder!) and little storage bag to stick it all in :)

I think it's really cute and for anyone wanting to put an effort into remembering their bags, a really useful tool. Plus it's only $15! I've seen bags that cost more than that :)

The only concern I had was that I was the safety of something on my steering wheel. I'm a bit of a worrier. I did find that putting it on the bottom of my wheel doesn't bother me or come into contact with my hands (as opposed to up top and center).

I also think that the door hanger is a great idea. Put on the door and the bright color stands out as you go to leave the house, reminding you to Grab Your Bags :)

The bags in this fold up super tiny (perfect for tossing in a purse) and are actually quite large when opened up. They measure approximately 18" X 16" and will hold up to 40 lbs (comparable to 2-3 plastic shopping bags). They are made out of a lightweight washable & water resistant nylon.

Something else that I like about the bag is that the name is cute. "Bag-ne-sia" is written on them and it just seems like something people can remember. If that gets more people to use reusable bags, that's good in my book :)

They also offer produce bags. I haven't tried them, but they look great :) They measure 13"x16".The ladies at Bagnesia would like for you to always remember your bags, so they are offing one lucky reader a reminder kit!

----Update! We have a winner!----
The giveaway portion is over :) Thank you to everyone that participated!

Congratulations to Christina's Cookies! Enjoy!

Here's your Chance!
Please leave a separate comment for each entry in order to have it counted.

This entry is mandatory! If you do not do this, your other entries will not count!
Visit the Bagnesia website and tell me something you learned, or a product you would like and why. Include your email address and the words "Live Green" somewhere in your comment.

Want more entries?

*Follow us and tweet this giveaway! Please tweet, "Win a reusable bag reminder kit from @bagnesia & @EFFblog http://bit.ly/1jtGb1 #ecofriendly #eco #green" Leave a comment with a link to your status. Tweet daily for more entries!

*Follow Bagnesia on Twitter, leave a comment

*Follow our blog and post letting me know that you are :) (right side bar)

*Become a member of our new Green Living Community, leave a comment letting me know.

*Join our new email newsletter (right sidebar) for notices on special events coming up for the blog.

*Put the EFF Blog Button on your blog sidebar or web page. Leave a link!

*Become a fan of the EFF blog on Facebook, leave a comment.

*Become a fan of Grab Your Bags on Facebook, leave a comment.

*Post about this giveaway on your blog or other social media. Leave a comment with a link.

and as always, Good Luck and Enjoy!

US Only. Giveaway ends February 12th. I'll use random.org to pick a winner. I will email the winner. If I do not hear back within 48 hours a new winner will be picked.

FCC Disclaimer: I was provided the product to review for the giveaway (My husband has remembered the bags on more than one occasion, I call success! Thank you!). No money or other perks were given. All reviews are my own and honest opinions. For more information about this blog please look here. For giveaway guidelines please look here.

77 comments:

Emily - faliLV on February 5, 2010 at 11:56 PM said...

I learned on the website they are the size of a cell phone! What a great way to help us Live Green!
emilyknight8@gmail.com

Emily - faliLV on February 5, 2010 at 11:56 PM said...

I follow your blog - and love it
emilyknight8@gmail.com

Emily - faliLV on February 5, 2010 at 11:58 PM said...

Am now a memeber of the Living Green community
emilyknight8@gmail.com

Emily - faliLV on February 5, 2010 at 11:59 PM said...

I am an EFF fan on FB
emilyknight8@gmail.com

Emily - faliLV on February 5, 2010 at 11:59 PM said...

I am now a fan of Grab your bags on FB
emilyknight8@gmail.com

amyyellowstone on February 6, 2010 at 8:28 AM said...

I learned that you can use the steering wheel strap to hook a few bags together or as some padding on your shoulder...
LIVE GREEN!!
amyyellowstone at yahoo dot com

amyyellowstone on February 6, 2010 at 8:29 AM said...

I follow your blog.

amyyellowstone at yahoo dot com

amyyellowstone on February 6, 2010 at 8:29 AM said...

I subscribe to the newsletter

amyyellowstone at yahoo dot com

Mommy of 3 on February 6, 2010 at 7:13 PM said...

I learned that plastic bags "photo degrade" uck! I need some reusable bags to help me "live green".
strawberrytwirl at hotmail dot com

Mommy of 3 on February 6, 2010 at 7:14 PM said...

I follow the blog

Mommy of 3 on February 6, 2010 at 7:14 PM said...

I'm a fan of EFF on FB

Mommy of 3 on February 6, 2010 at 7:15 PM said...

I'm a fan of grab your bags of FB

Mommy of 3 on February 6, 2010 at 7:15 PM said...

I'm a green living community member

Mommy of 3 on February 6, 2010 at 7:16 PM said...

And...I have your button (www.onceuponbaby.blogspot.com)

Jessica on February 6, 2010 at 10:44 PM said...

I never realized that plastic bags broke down into (more) harmful toxins like it said on the site. I better start remembering my reusable bags so I can live green.

Jessica.R.Adler@gmail.com

Jessica on February 6, 2010 at 10:45 PM said...

I'm following and I tweeted.
http://twitter.com/JRizzleAdlizzle/status/8749729881

Jessica.R.Adler@gmail.com

Jessica on February 6, 2010 at 10:45 PM said...

I follow bagnesia on twitter.

Jessica.R.Adler@gmail.com

Jessica on February 6, 2010 at 10:46 PM said...

I follow your blog.

Jessica.R.Adler@gmail.com

Jessica on February 6, 2010 at 10:47 PM said...

Your button is on my blog.

http://jabberwocky-jessica.tumblr.com

Jessica on February 6, 2010 at 10:47 PM said...

I'm a fan of you on Facebook.

Jessica.R.Adler@gmail.com

Jessica on February 6, 2010 at 10:48 PM said...

I'm a fan of grab your bags on Facebook.

Jessica.R.Adler@gmail.com

Eco-Friendly and Frugal on February 7, 2010 at 12:20 AM said...

This kit is EXACTLY what I need! I always forget my bags. I make sure to keep at least one in my car at all times, but I usually need more and end up without them. So... yeah, I need this! Great product idea!

I also love the Inusolated Cold Bag! We have BBQs at our friend's house all the time and this is a great way to transport our beverages. :)

LIVE GREEN!!!!!

ecofriendlyandfrugal(at)gmail(dot)com

Eco-Friendly and Frugal on February 7, 2010 at 12:21 AM said...

I follow you on Twitter (EFandFrugal) and Tweet: http://twitter.com/EFandFrugal/status/8752942844

Eco-Friendly and Frugal on February 7, 2010 at 12:22 AM said...

I follow Bagnesia on Twitter!

Eco-Friendly and Frugal on February 7, 2010 at 12:22 AM said...

I follow your blog.

Eco-Friendly and Frugal on February 7, 2010 at 12:22 AM said...

I am of course a member of the Green Living Community!

Eco-Friendly and Frugal on February 7, 2010 at 12:23 AM said...

I get the e-mail newsletter.

Eco-Friendly and Frugal on February 7, 2010 at 12:23 AM said...

I have the EFF button on my sidebar at http://ecofriendlyandfrugal.blogspot.com

Eco-Friendly and Frugal on February 7, 2010 at 12:23 AM said...

I am your fan on FB (first name is Jaye).

Eco-Friendly and Frugal on February 7, 2010 at 12:24 AM said...

I am a FB fan of Grab Your Bags.

Another great giveaway! Thank you for the chance.

Jessica on February 7, 2010 at 8:42 AM said...

daily tweet.
http://twitter.com/JRizzleAdlizzle/status/8764498177

Jessica.R.Adler@gmail.com

Becca on February 7, 2010 at 11:33 AM said...

I was not aware of how many marine animals die because of plastic bags. live green.
beccarowell at gmail dot com

Becca on February 7, 2010 at 11:34 AM said...

I'm a fan on FB
beccarowell at gmail dot com

Becca on February 7, 2010 at 11:35 AM said...

became a fan of grab your bags on FB
beccarowell at gmail dot com

Becca on February 7, 2010 at 11:37 AM said...

joined the green living community
beccarowell at gmail dot com

Becca on February 7, 2010 at 11:41 AM said...

I followed the blog

Becca on February 7, 2010 at 11:44 AM said...

I follow you on Twitter
http://twitter.com/beccaballoon

Becca on February 7, 2010 at 11:45 AM said...

I follow bagnesia on twitter
beccarowell at gmail dot com

Rebecca on February 7, 2010 at 11:48 AM said...

I get the newsletter
beccarowell at gmail dot com

Carli said...

I would also love to try the produce bags to help my family "LIVE GREEN"

armybride14 at yahoo dot com

Carli said...

I am a fan of EFF on Facebook

armybride14 at yahoo dot com

Carli said...

I subsribe to the newsletter

armybride14 at yahoo dot com

Carli said...

I am a member of Green Living Community

armybride14 at yahoo dot com

Liza on February 7, 2010 at 10:16 PM said...

I love the reusable produce bags over at bagnesia. I really need a set to help me "Live Green"! I am really good about bringing reusable bags when shopping but don't have any produce bags. THANKS! lmmarzilli at gmail dot com

Liza on February 7, 2010 at 10:21 PM said...

I follow the blog!

Liza on February 7, 2010 at 10:22 PM said...

I joined the green living community

Liza on February 7, 2010 at 10:22 PM said...

I follow on facebook

Liza on February 7, 2010 at 10:23 PM said...

became a fan of grab your bags

Jessica on February 8, 2010 at 9:07 AM said...

daily tweet
http://twitter.com/JRizzleAdlizzle/status/8810096560

Jessica.R.Adler at gmail.com

Leslie on February 8, 2010 at 4:35 PM said...

I learned that 100,000 marine wildlife are killed each year because of bags. I am astonished!
Live Green
lesalia17@zoominternet.net

Leslie on February 8, 2010 at 4:36 PM said...

I follow the blog

Leslie on February 8, 2010 at 4:36 PM said...

I have signed up for the newsletter
Live Green
lesalia17@zoominternet.net

Leslie on February 8, 2010 at 4:37 PM said...

I am a fan on facebook
Live Green
lesalia17@zoominternet.net

Leslie on February 8, 2010 at 4:37 PM said...

Your badge is on my blog
Live Green
lesalia17@zoominternet.net
http://boilermakerfamilyt.blogspot.com/

Kelli on February 8, 2010 at 5:21 PM said...

I love this. I have recently started switching to a more green lifestyle and on my most recent trip to the grocery store, I started to realize how much plastic baggage my husband and I were using on all of our fresh produce purchases. It would be great to have a produce bag!

Live Green
kmbthomasson@yahoo.com
goingkelligreen.blogspot.com

Jacqie on February 8, 2010 at 10:04 PM said...

I really like the produce bags. They would help me LIVE GREEN by reducing waste. I honestly haven't thought about using reusables for those types of bags before.

Jacqie on February 8, 2010 at 10:05 PM said...

Follow the blog

Jacqie on February 8, 2010 at 10:05 PM said...

Fan of EFF blog on FB

Jacqie on February 8, 2010 at 10:05 PM said...

EFF button on my blog

talesofthewife.blogspot.com

Jacqie on February 8, 2010 at 10:06 PM said...

Getting the newsletter

Jessica on February 9, 2010 at 8:49 AM said...

daily tweet
http://twitter.com/JRizzleAdlizzle/status/8854915500

Jessica.r.Adler at gmail.com

Jessica on February 10, 2010 at 8:54 AM said...

http://twitter.com/JRizzleAdlizzle/status/8901918632
daily tweet
Jessica.R.Adler at gmail.com

Christina's Cookies on February 10, 2010 at 8:25 PM said...

I love the Reusable Produce Bags because I HATE all those thin plastic ones that ALWAYS seem to rip! I work at a grocery store and I have NEVER seen anyone use them! It is amazing how little people think about "Living Green" around here. Oh, and I think the steering wheel reminder thing is pretty cool!

ccherkasATgmailDOTcom

Christina's Cookies on February 10, 2010 at 8:29 PM said...

Following you on Twitter and Tweeted http://twitter.com/mama2cookies/status/8929326092

ccherkasATgmailDOT com

Christina's Cookies on February 10, 2010 at 8:29 PM said...

I'm following your blog.

ccherkasATgmailDOTcom

Christina's Cookies on February 10, 2010 at 8:31 PM said...

I have your button on my blog! http://cherkasfam.blogspot.com/

ccherkasATgmailDOTcom

Christina's Cookies on February 10, 2010 at 8:33 PM said...

I signed up for your newsletter!

ccherkasATgmailDOTcom

Christina's Cookies on February 10, 2010 at 8:33 PM said...

I'm a fan of EFF on Facebook!

ccherkasATgmailDOTcom

Christina's Cookies on February 10, 2010 at 8:34 PM said...

I'm a fan of Grab Your Bags on Facebook!

ccherkasATgmailDOTcom

Jessica on February 11, 2010 at 9:08 AM said...

daily tweet
http://twitter.com/JRizzleAdlizzle/status/8961908706

Jessica.R.Adler at gmail.com

*Alice Anne* on February 11, 2010 at 5:26 PM said...

I learned that plastic bags don't biodegrade.

ngurl2000 AT msn

Live Green

*Alice Anne* on February 11, 2010 at 5:27 PM said...

I follow Bagnesia on Twitter. Username: ngurl2000

*Alice Anne* on February 11, 2010 at 5:27 PM said...

I follow your blog.

*Alice Anne* on February 11, 2010 at 5:28 PM said...

I became a fan of the EFF blog on Facebook.

*Alice Anne* on February 11, 2010 at 5:29 PM said...

I became a fan of Grab Your Bags on Facebook.

Jessica on February 12, 2010 at 8:39 AM said...

daily tweet.
http://twitter.com/JRizzleAdlizzle/status/9008657485

Jessica.R.Adler at gmail.com

christschild on February 14, 2010 at 2:57 PM said...

Hello, I just found your blog and am very excited about learning new ways to live a greener life for this world God gave us. Awesome giveaway!
Blessings,
Elizabeth

Post a Comment

Newer Older Home
 
Copyright © 2010 The Eco-Friendly Family