If you have kids in school (or even if you don't) you may have seen on the news the problems with nutritional lunches in schools. Here's an article that touches on school lunch content by My Optimum Health.
The only way to truly know what your child is eating is to pack a lunch (Check out this other article by My Optimum Health for some great tips and guidelines.)
For me, packing a lunch seems like a good idea and doable. The question for me then turns to what do I pack my child's lunch in. Thankfully I have until next August to figure this out for sure :)
I do know that using an endless assortment of plastic baggies isn't an option. Foil isn't either. So what am I to do?
I came across this product by Kids Konserve.

Pictured above is their Waste-Free Lunch Kit. It sells for $40. It includes everything you would need to pack a lunch; a recycled cotton sack, cloth napkin, stainless steel beverage bottle, food kozy and two stainless steel food containers.
I have not used this product, but I love the idea of it. I love that it seems simple, straight forward and easy to use. Also, when ordering from their site, you can easily add more items from the same ordering page (extra containers, lids, etc.)
For a more economical version, there is this. The Snak Pak.
This looks like it would be perfect for getting started, a younger child, or someone who has already purchased a reusable water bottle. It sells for $22 and comes with a cotton draw string bag, cloth napkin, food kozy, stainless steel food container and recycled aluminum name tag.One other thing that I would like to mention on their site, that I just adore, is this reusable Party Pak. It would be *perfect* for every teacher to have one (or more) of these. If I were a teacher, I could totally see loving this, putting all of the dirties into a bag and running my dishwasher when I got home. No fuss, and no waste. (Thought I do wish that it came with napkins).
Come to think of it, this would be great for any parent that has birthday parties/holidays/etc. at their home. Great for the kids to eat off of :)
This is BPA, Lead & Phthalate Free and made from 100% recycled plastic yogurt containers! The kit sells for $55 (there is a smaller 12 serving version) and contains 25 each: 7" plates, 16 oz. tumblers, and forks, knives & spoons. All in 3 cotton drawstring bags.So, I wrote Kids Konserve and they were super sweet in providing a discount code for our readers :)
Go to Kids Konserve
shop around
and use code: ecofamily for 15% off of your purchase!
code expires 12/31/09
shop around
and use code: ecofamily for 15% off of your purchase!
code expires 12/31/09
I would like to mention that when I get a chance to try out one of these, I will update! I love the look of this product and I think kids would love it. (My son says it's cool.) :D
FCC Disclaimer: This is not a paid advertisement! I was not given any sort of compensation (money/product) for this giveaway. For more information about this blog please look here.
FCC Disclaimer: This is not a paid advertisement! I was not given any sort of compensation (money/product) for this giveaway. For more information about this blog please look here.










5 comments:
Those are really cool and what a great idea!
Wow. I really like that lunch pak and for $40, that's not that bad of a price! My baby is only 3 months old and won't be in school for some time but I'm definitely thinking about these things already.
I have been looking for something like this! Thank you for posting!!!
Hi... stainless steels are very amazing unlike plastic containers we can't guarantee that our food is safe there. Some containers contains BPA but stainless steels doesn't contain any of it. In fact, it is recommended as a food container. By the way, you might like the idea and design of the stainless steel container at Happy tiffin site. Their steel containers has a spill proof and waterlight design and its style is very extraordinary. Happy Tiffin is on sale this month. Thank you!
These Lunch Kits are great. My child's school is really encouraging waste-free lunches - I saw that Kids Konserve offers waste-free programs.
I love the stainless steel containers and the insulated lunch bag.
Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment