Friday, December 18, 2009

I love a good deal!

Deal a day sites aren't all that new. I've seen several pop up and they may or may not have a theme. Typically they are nothing more than a deal a day site. Nothing to relate to and are of no importance beyond maybe getting a good deal.

I recently came upon a site called EcoBabyBuys. At first I thought it was like any other site, and then I started browsing. Looking at their FAQ, About Us and Blog. I soon realized that these were mothers that wanted the best for their children and wanted to help others do the same and save at the same time. Their mission was to discover manufacturers that offered non-toxic, eco-friendly and fairly traded products for babies and children.

I have been watching their site for a little while now and am continually impressed by the uniqueness of the items. They aren't the same items that I see everywhere else and I love that. I have seen some popular items and that's fun too. The variety is fantastic.

I've noticed that many of the items they have sold fit very well into imaginative and creative play. That is *so* huge for me with my kids. I was lucky enough to receive a package from them and their items are of great quality. You can tell that they put thought into what they find and bring to their deals. As a mother and consumer, I appreciate that.

I would also like to mention that it is also another of their goals is to help alleviate any additional stress that comes with being a busy parent and trying to find safe toys. Not everyone has the time to address the safety record of a manufacturer or knows where to start to look.

They take pride in researching their vendors to meet the following strict criteria so that they may provide the best and safest possible products on the market to their customers:

*the use of non-toxic materials and dyes
*the use of organic and/or recycled textiles and materials
*the use of eco-friendly packaging
*and a commitment and adherence to the standards of fair-trade

That's not something you see in typical deal a day eco-friendly sites and that's a big part of why I wanted to share this with you.

I've had the pleasure of speaking with Stacey of EcoBabyBuys and they have generously offered our readers a chance to win a $50 gift certificate to EcoBabyBuys!

That is more than enough to snag one (or some) of their, at least, 40% off of retail items!

----Update! We have a
winner!----
The giveaway portion is over :) Thank you to everyone that participated!

Congratulations to amyyellowstone! Enjoy!


Here's how to enter :)
Please leave a separate comment for each entry in order to have it counted.

This entry is mandatory! If you do not do this, your other entries will not count!
Post here and tell me your favorite eco-friendly children's toy! Include your email address (if it's not on your profile) and the words "Live Green" somewhere in your comment.

Want more entries?

*Follow us and tweet this giveaway! Please tweet, "Save on & win eco-friendly children's products with @ecobabybuys & @effblog http://bit.ly/1jtGb1" Leave a comment with a link to your status.

*Follow our blog and post letting me know that you are :)

*Become a fan of the EFF blog on facebook, leave a comment.

*Become a fan of the EcoBabyBuys on facebook, leave a comment.

*Follow EcoBabyBuys on Twitter, leave a comment.

*Sign up to receive daily email alerts from EcoBabyBuys, leave a comment.

*Post about this giveaway on your blog. Leave a comment with a link.

US Only. Giveaway ends December 26th. I'll use random.org to pick a winner. I will email the winner. If I do not hear back within 48 hours a new winner will be picked.

FCC Disclaimer: I was provided a sample product to review for the giveaway (Thank you ladies!). No money or other perks were given. All reviews are my own and honest opinions. For more information about this blog please look here. For giveaway guidelines please look here.

63 comments:

Arlene Mobley on December 18, 2009 at 11:31 AM said...

I am following you on twitter @ alteredbyme

arlene9999@earthlink.net

Arlene Mobley on December 18, 2009 at 11:33 AM said...

I love the bag of wooden letters. They would be great for one of my granddaughters. We try to LIVE GREEN as much as we can.

arlene9999@earthlink.net

Arlene Mobley on December 18, 2009 at 11:34 AM said...

I tweeted your give away

http://twitter.com/alteredbyme/statuses/6800998002

arlene9999@earthlink.net

Arlene Mobley on December 18, 2009 at 11:36 AM said...

I am a facebook fan

arlene9999@earthlink.net

Wilma said...

I recently purchased my daughter a wood rattle and so far she really like it!
Live Green!
willyjean8 at hotmail.com

Wilma said...

I follow the EFF blog.
willyjean8 at hotmail.com

Wilma said...

I am a fan of the EFF blog on Facebook.

imavera on December 18, 2009 at 2:01 PM said...

My baby's only a month old, but we cannot wait for him to use his wooden teethers. Live green!

vera@thehammondsplace.com

imavera on December 18, 2009 at 2:02 PM said...

i follow the blog!

vera@thehammondsplace.com

luvlieK - Kelly on December 18, 2009 at 2:23 PM said...

I have always loved wooden teether/rattles
"live green"

rapunzelchick on December 18, 2009 at 3:28 PM said...

I love anything by the brand Green Toys, they are a great way to live green!

rapunzelchick on December 18, 2009 at 3:28 PM said...

I follow with Google.

rapunzelchick on December 18, 2009 at 3:29 PM said...

I am a fan of EFF on Facebook

rapunzelchick on December 18, 2009 at 3:29 PM said...

I signed up for EcoBabyBuys email alert.

rapunzelchick on December 18, 2009 at 3:30 PM said...

I became a Facebook fan of EcoBabyBuys.

Jill on December 18, 2009 at 7:53 PM said...

The little assorted fruit crate is really cute. A great way to play and live green!


jilldaniel_wv@yahoo.com

Jill on December 18, 2009 at 7:53 PM said...

I follow your blog.

jilldaniel_wv@yahoo.com

Lisi B on December 18, 2009 at 9:37 PM said...

My favorite eco-friendly toys are organic stuffed animals. My baby will Live Green and play green.
schicana19 at gmail dot com

Lisi B on December 18, 2009 at 9:38 PM said...

tweet http://twitter.com/uschicana/status/6816994985
schicana19 at gmail dot com

Lisi B on December 18, 2009 at 9:40 PM said...

I am a fb fan.
schicana19 at gmail dot com

Lisi B on December 18, 2009 at 9:42 PM said...

I am a fan of EcoBabyBuys on fb.
schicana19 at gmail dot com

Lisi B on December 18, 2009 at 9:43 PM said...

I follow EcoBabyBuys on twitter. uschicana
schicana19 at gmail dot com

Lisi B on December 18, 2009 at 11:39 PM said...

I signed up for daily email alerts.
schicana19 at gmail dot com

Nicole on December 19, 2009 at 3:17 AM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole on December 19, 2009 at 3:19 AM said...

my son just got a bunch of wood blocks. they are great for imaginative play and eco-friendly. oh and Sophie!
live green and prosper!

Nicole on December 19, 2009 at 3:20 AM said...

i follow the blog (and love it)

Nicole on December 19, 2009 at 3:20 AM said...

FB fan of EFF :)

amyyellowstone on December 19, 2009 at 8:46 AM said...

Our family loves to Live Green! My son loves his wooden blocks...mainly he chews on them right now.

amyyellowstone at yahoo dot com

Meg 'n' Eric on December 19, 2009 at 2:19 PM said...

My daughter is only 5 months old, so we don't have many toys yet. SHe has a few Plan Toys on her Christmas wish list though so I hope she gets some! Buying fun eco-friendly toys is another great way to live green!

Comet915 at yahoo dot com

Meg 'n' Eric on December 19, 2009 at 2:19 PM said...

I'm a fan of the EFF blog on Facebook!

nsees on December 19, 2009 at 6:04 PM said...

Our new favorite green toy is the sophie that we just got for my youngest son. We love to live green!

nikkiseesholtz @ yahoo.com

nsees on December 19, 2009 at 6:04 PM said...

I follow your blog!

nikkiseesholtz @ yahoo.com

nsees on December 19, 2009 at 6:05 PM said...

I signed up for the ecobaby emails!

nikkiseesholtz @ yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

My favourite green toys are the wooden cars and trucks with non-toxic paint. They are so useful and feel so much better then the plastic ones with toxic chemicals in them.

beckysoup61 at hotmail (dot) com

Anonymous said...

Fan of EFF on Facebook.

Anonymous said...

Fan of Ecobabybuys!

Anonymous said...

Subscribed to EcoBabyBuys

Kara - Wife, Momma, Doula on December 20, 2009 at 11:53 AM said...

I love the Under the Nile toys! We bought a doll for our 10 month old for Christmas! Loving to LIVE GREEN!!!

Kara - Wife, Momma, Doula on December 20, 2009 at 11:58 AM said...

I tweeted about this give away on http://www.twitter.com/smiledoula

Kara - Wife, Momma, Doula on December 20, 2009 at 11:59 AM said...

I have followed EcoBabyBuys on Twitter!

I LOVE Deal-a-day sites! Thank you for sharing this with us!

Kara - Wife, Momma, Doula on December 20, 2009 at 11:59 AM said...

I am a fan on Facebook of Ecobabybuys

Tamarametcalf19(at)sbcglobal(dot)net on December 20, 2009 at 6:24 PM said...

A set of wooden blocks for my son. "live green!"

Tamarametcalf19(at)sbcglobal(dot)net on December 20, 2009 at 6:25 PM said...

follow and tweeted: http://twitter.com/Tamarametcalf19/status/6874602692

Tamarametcalf19(at)sbcglobal(dot)net on December 20, 2009 at 6:25 PM said...

I follow blog.

Tamarametcalf19(at)sbcglobal(dot)net on December 20, 2009 at 6:25 PM said...

Fan of EFF on Facebook.

Tamarametcalf19(at)sbcglobal(dot)net on December 20, 2009 at 6:26 PM said...

Facebook fan of the EcoBabyBuys

Shauna on December 20, 2009 at 6:40 PM said...

I'm a blog follower.

Shauna on December 20, 2009 at 6:41 PM said...

LIVE GREEN!

Our baby is only 5 months old so she doesn't have many toys yet but my favorite way to be eco-friendly is to buy used or borrow toys from friends whose babies have outgrown them. But she does have a Sophie in her stocking for Christmas day...

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I wasn't familiar with Ecobabybuys but I immediately signed up for their daily alerts.
My boy loves his organic and eco-friendly stuff :)
We love to live green.

curlygoldy@yahoo.com

superfizz on December 23, 2009 at 11:41 AM said...

I like Sprig Toys, they are a great company and it's hard to choose just one of their products, they really do LIVE GREEN!

Shana on December 23, 2009 at 5:47 PM said...

We just bought some wooden blocks made with wood from old rubber trees. "Live Green!"

sgt at tighi dot net

alli on December 24, 2009 at 12:33 PM said...

I really like stuffed animals and dolls made of organic cotton!

northssclub at yahoo dot com

alli on December 24, 2009 at 12:36 PM said...

I follow your blog

northssclub at yahoo dot com

alli on December 24, 2009 at 12:36 PM said...

I follow the EFF blog on FB! (as ali tsao)

alli on December 24, 2009 at 12:37 PM said...

fan of EcoBabyBuys on FB

northssclub at yahoo dot com

lace on December 24, 2009 at 11:47 PM said...

My favorite eco friendly children's toys are wooden blocks. They are able to do so much with them. Live Green

mean green mom on December 26, 2009 at 12:24 AM said...

What a cool site, thanks for sharing :) We try to always LIVE GREEN so its nice to find a site that can help me do this and save a bundle. My fave eco toy are the natural peppa dolls, we bought our youngest one for Christmas and she loves it!
thanks
meangreenmom[at]gmail[dot]com

mean green mom on December 26, 2009 at 12:27 AM said...

i follow your blog
meangreenmom[at]gmail[dot]com

mean green mom on December 26, 2009 at 12:28 AM said...

i'm following eco baby buys on twitter
meangreenmom[at]gmail[dot]com

mean green mom on December 26, 2009 at 12:31 AM said...

I signed up to receive daily e-mail alerts, let the saving begin.
meangreenmom[at]gmail[dot]com

Lisa on December 27, 2009 at 12:27 AM said...

We love wooden blocks. Live Green!

Lisa on December 27, 2009 at 12:29 AM said...

I signed up to get the daily emails. =)

Lisa on December 27, 2009 at 12:29 AM said...

I became a fan on Facebook. =)

Post a Comment

Newer Older Home
 
Copyright © 2010 The Eco-Friendly Family