Sunday, December 20, 2009

Get your children into Green!

We choose to try to live as green of a lifestyle as we can. We have three children. Our oldest will start school next year and he is beginning to notice all of the things that we do around here.

He enjoys helping putting "trash" into the proper bins and likes to ask me what items is made out of, to properly sort them.

You should have heard him about a year ago talking about high fructose corn syrup! It was too funny.

Sometimes it can be hard to explain things to a child so that they understand it. That's where Little Green Books come in!

Not only do Little Green Books help explain green choices to kids, they make it fun.

Little Green Books was kind enough to send me some of their books to look over, share with my children and review. They offer such a nice assortment of titles, lessons and entertainment.

They have adorable story lines, fun flap books and plush baby friendly books, all that send an easy to understand green message to children.

Check out a few of their titles.


You can keep that trash and reuse it in all kinds of wonderful ways!
Do you see that old jar?
Don't throw that away!
You can turn it into...a new vase!

Follow an eco-conscious super hero as he teaches kids how to recycle and reuse common household items! The five large flaps throughout show that oridinary trash is really a treasure. From turning old clothes into fun costumes or an old box into a brand new car, kids will learn that saving the environment is super cool!

Peek into this diary of an aluminum can as it goes on a journey from inside a bauxite rock under the beaches of Jamaica, to the manufacturing line, to the store shelf, to a garbage can, and finally to a recycling plant where it emerges into its new life...as a baseball bat!

Everyone's talking about the environment these days, especially kids. But what can kids do? A lot! This book is filled with cool coloring pages, Earth-saving tips, fun facts, and easy activities kids can do to help the environment. It's just what kids need to be green all by themselves!

Not only do Little Green Books teach about being green, they are green! Their books are made from recycled materials and printed with vegetable or soy inks! How cool is that!

And as if the books weren't cute enough, they also have games on their website. You can recycle, play a fun game of I spy and learn about a garden.

My son loves the recycling game!

I love these books, my children love these books and I'm sure you'll love them too! Little Green Books is giving TEN! of you the chance to win a set of their books!

Each of the winners will receive Don't Throw that Away! and Santa Clause is Green!

----Update! We have a winner!----
The giveaway portion is over :) Thank you to everyone that participated!

Congratulations to Megan, Nicole, Christina, Shana, Mama Zapatista, Kara, Emily, Kim, Wilma and Kelly. I will be contacting you all!

Here's how to enter :)
Please leave a separate comment for each entry in order to have it counted.

This entry is mandatory! If you do not do this, your other entries will not count!
Post here and tell me how you make being green fun for your little one/s! Include your email address (if it's not on your profile) and the words "Live Green" somewhere in your comment.

Want more entries?

*Follow us and tweet this giveaway! Please tweet, "Win & Make green fun with Little Green Books from @effblog http://bit.ly/1jtGb1" Leave a comment with a link to your status.

*Follow our blog and post letting me know that you are :)

*Follow the Little Green Blog for all sorts of fun info and tips!, leave a comment.

*Become a fan of the EFF blog on facebook, leave a comment.

*Post about this giveaway on your blog. Leave a comment with a link.

*Spread the word about this giveaway in some other form and leave a link!

US Only. Giveaway ends December 24th. I'll use random.org to pick a winner. I will email the winner. If I do not hear back within 48 hours a new winner will be picked.

FCC Disclaimer: I was provided books to review for the giveaway. No money or other perks were given. All reviews are my own and honest opinions. For more information about this blog please look here. For giveaway guidelines please look here.

51 comments:

Kara - Wife, Momma, Doula on December 20, 2009 at 11:45 AM said...

Every time we eat a yogurt the boys always ask if we put it in the recycle or the trash. They love recycling. I really don't have any fun games that we play. But we LOVE to LIVE GREEN!!!!

Kara - Wife, Momma, Doula on December 20, 2009 at 11:47 AM said...

I don't know how to put the direct like to my twitter for the status BUT, I am following and posted the status update http://twitter.com/smiledoula

Kara - Wife, Momma, Doula on December 20, 2009 at 11:48 AM said...

I already follow on Facebook :) http://www.facebook.com/kfig143

luvlieK - Kelly on December 20, 2009 at 3:20 PM said...

We sing songs to make everything more fun. Works for him :o)

"live green"

luvlieK - Kelly on December 20, 2009 at 3:21 PM said...

tweeted the giveaway

luvlieK - Kelly on December 20, 2009 at 3:22 PM said...

following the blog

Tamarametcalf19(at)sbcglobal(dot)net on December 20, 2009 at 6:18 PM said...

My daughter helps "Live Green" by going around the house turning off all the lights and reminding us that we can't waste energy!

Tamarametcalf19(at)sbcglobal(dot)net on December 20, 2009 at 6:19 PM said...

I follow on twitter and tweeted: http://twitter.com/Tamarametcalf19/status/6874461487

Tamarametcalf19(at)sbcglobal(dot)net on December 20, 2009 at 6:19 PM said...

I follow on twitter and tweeted: http://twitter.com/Tamarametcalf19/status/6874461487

Tamarametcalf19(at)sbcglobal(dot)net on December 20, 2009 at 6:20 PM said...

I follow your blog!

Tamarametcalf19(at)sbcglobal(dot)net on December 20, 2009 at 6:21 PM said...

Follow the Little Green Blog RSS feed

Tamarametcalf19(at)sbcglobal(dot)net on December 20, 2009 at 6:22 PM said...

EFF fan on Facebook!

Wilma said...

Well, my daughter is still a baby, but I plan on teaching as much as possible about being green. I'm somewhat crafty, so I plan on teaching her to reuse things by making crafts! Live Green!
willyjean8 at hotmail.com

Wilma said...

I follow the blog on FB.
willyjean8 at hotmail.com

Wilma said...

I am a blog follower.
willyjean8 at hotmail.com

EMILY G. on December 21, 2009 at 2:54 AM said...

my son is only 2 and we are already trying to teach him how to live green!! he understands when we tell him to throw something in the trash or in the recycle bin, its a first step!

EMILY G. on December 21, 2009 at 2:54 AM said...

and i follow your blog!!

Megan on December 21, 2009 at 7:52 AM said...

Julia is still very young but we always tell her "this goes in the recycling bin" and let her throw the item into the bin. She just laughs at us!

Live Green

rapunzelchick on December 21, 2009 at 3:36 PM said...

My daughter and I count to keep track of how many disposable bags we didn't use in a day of running around doing errands. She learns numbers and how to live green at the same time!

rapunzelchick on December 21, 2009 at 3:36 PM said...

I follow the blog wtih Google.

imavera on December 21, 2009 at 9:11 PM said...

Since he's only one month old, we don't do a whole lot right now. He is included in our biweekly recyling sorting "party" where we seperate our massive pile of stuff to be recycled. We live green!

vera@thehammondsplace.com

imavera on December 21, 2009 at 9:12 PM said...

I follow the blog

vera@thehammondsplace.com

Jan on December 22, 2009 at 1:18 AM said...

We are teaching our kids to LIVE GREEN and having fun with it by having them help crush cans for recycling, letting them carry our reusable grocery bags and collecting recyclables on our walks! :)
mamajan0208 at gmail dot com

Jan on December 22, 2009 at 1:19 AM said...

I'm a follower of your blog :)
mamajan0208 at gmail dot com

Jan on December 22, 2009 at 1:20 AM said...

i'm a fan!
mamajan0208 at gmail dot com

Kim on December 22, 2009 at 10:32 AM said...

we LIVE GREEN by using cloth napkins with our kiddo!

Anonymous said...

My son is still young, but I think teaching how to recycle and making it a fun game for him would be something I would like to do. Live Green!

Brownie0516 @ hotmail dot com

Jessica W

Anonymous said...

I make it fun for my grandson by reading books about being green and then asking him to come up with creative ideas for living a more greener life and giving him a special treat or prize.

SamneneD@aol.com

Unknown on December 22, 2009 at 5:15 PM said...

I'm teaching my kids to Live Green by instilling in them a love for the Earth- remembering to turn off lights when they leave a room, turn faucets off tightly and recycle everything (if it can't be reused first!). Thanks for the great giveaway.

Heidi on December 22, 2009 at 10:15 PM said...

my little one isnt here yet, but we plan on making it easy to love to live green by making it fun by turning things into games, songs ect
heidilynnodnahue@gmail.com

Madeline on December 23, 2009 at 10:47 AM said...

My little guy is kind of small to really catch on to green, but he has just begun to paint. So, I let him paint our wrapping paper this year. We reused paper that had been sent as packaging.

Shana on December 23, 2009 at 5:50 PM said...

I teach my 1 year old to live green by keeping a vegetarian household. Good for the body and the environment!

Shana on December 23, 2009 at 6:01 PM said...

I posted about this giveaway on my blog: http://schmoopybaby.blogspot.com/2009/12/green-books-giveaway.html

sgt at tighi dot net

Nicole on December 23, 2009 at 7:54 PM said...

Along with recycling we were dumping our used dish water outside in the garden in order to conserve and live green! I also no longer buy sponges, or paper towels to clean. We use special washable cloths!

Thanks
Nicole
Coleeol42784@aol.com

phxbne on December 23, 2009 at 9:12 PM said...

we play 'look for the triangle'!

phxbne on December 23, 2009 at 9:13 PM said...

tweet http://twitter.com/phxbne/status/6984666815

phxbne on December 23, 2009 at 9:14 PM said...

subscribed to LIttle Green Blog feed

Lisa on December 23, 2009 at 11:00 PM said...

We try to LIVE GREEN by recycling. My son and I make crafts out of recycled stuff.

Laureen on December 24, 2009 at 3:43 AM said...

My daughters love to spot litter outside and we pick it up to throw it away or recycle it, if appropriate. My girls also have a lot of fun telling me about new green initiatives at their school. They don't happen often, but when they do, my children are super excited that the school environment is allowing them to live green. THanks for the chance to win!

lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

Laureen on December 24, 2009 at 3:45 AM said...

I follow you on Twitter and Tweeted:
http://twitter.com/MamandeEDS/statuses/6994397730

lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

Laureen on December 24, 2009 at 3:47 AM said...

I follow you on Google Friend Connect (Laureen Marston-Hindi).

lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

Laureen on December 24, 2009 at 3:50 AM said...

I follow the Little Green Blog. I'm looking forward to reading the RSS feeds. Thanks!

lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

Laureen on December 24, 2009 at 3:52 AM said...

I became a fan of the EFF blog on facebook. (Laureen Marston-Hindi) THanks!

lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

Lisi B on December 24, 2009 at 7:01 PM said...

My baby is still little but I play with him every time I change his environmentally friendly cloth diapers. They are great to LIVE GREEN and have fun.
schicana19 at gmail dot com

Lisi B on December 24, 2009 at 7:04 PM said...

I follow the blog.
schicana19 at gmail dot com

Lisi B on December 24, 2009 at 7:04 PM said...

tweet http://twitter.com/uschicana/status/7015913886
schicana19 at gmail dot com

Lisi B on December 24, 2009 at 7:05 PM said...

I am a fb fan.
schicana19 at gmail dot com

Lisi B on December 24, 2009 at 7:09 PM said...

Posted the giveaway on fb.
http://www.facebook.com/liset19?cropsuccess#/liset19?v=feed&story_fbid=229588001136&ref=mf
schicana19 at gmail dot com

Kara - Wife, Momma, Doula on December 28, 2009 at 12:07 PM said...

WAHOO!!!!! I can't wait to get these and read them to my boys!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Newer Older Home
 
Copyright © 2010 The Eco-Friendly Family