Monday, November 30, 2009

Very Cool Gift Idea!

So, I saw this posted and fell in *love* with the idea! It is a repurposed entertainment center! If only I had seen this before we ditched ours! (so kicking myself for that now)

Is this not the coolest play kitchen ever!?!
Just think of the *endless* possibilities in customizing this for your child to fit their needs, wants and personalities to a T!
Can you believe that it started out as this!
I don't know about most kids, but I know that mine *love* imagination play and especially anything relate to real life (cooking, dishes, vacuuming, etc.)

We have a plastic play kitchen. My mom got it for my son a couple years ago. I love that the kids love it, but it doesn't have room for two kids (so they do a bit of yelling over it) and it's plastic, so that's not my favorite feature :\ I can't wait to do this for our kids. I just need to find a cheap entertainment center. When I do, I'll be sure to update with some pictures!

Thank you to Erin of Sutton Grace for allowing me to use her images and post this for you!




Be sure to check out the full tutorial to do this for yourself!

If you do this, please send me pictures! I would love to see your creativity in action :)

4 comments:

mrns on November 30, 2009 at 9:21 PM said...

Growing up we had a dollhouse that used to be an entertainment center! It was sweeeet :)

Jendbp81 on December 1, 2009 at 10:33 PM said...

I can not wait to make one of these!! I saw this a few months ago and have been searching craigslist since for an entertainment center!!

~Nerderella on December 1, 2009 at 11:19 PM said...

I adore this and I bet it would be SO easy for me to find an old entertainment center on a Military Post!

Cyndel on July 1, 2011 at 10:04 PM said...

@mrns...do you have pics of your dollhouse? I would love to make one for my daughters (don't have any yet, 2 boys, but we are nowhere near done having kids so unless I'm incredibly unlucky...or incredibly lucky depending on how you see it...I will eventually have daughters) O really want them to have an amazing dollhouse...I regret giving mine away to this day. I know who I gave it too and it was not taken care of and was fit only for the trash when it was said and done:(
@Amanda...awesome post...I want a kitchen for my son so bad...if we had the room I would make this in a heartbeat but we live in an already overstuffed apartment...yard sale in 2 weeks yeah!!!!!!

Post a Comment

Newer Older Home
 
Copyright © 2010 The Eco-Friendly Family