If you had told me when I was in high school that I would be using cloth diapers, let alone cloth pads, I would have called you insane. But, alas, here I am, wiser and loving cloth.
I started thinking about using cloth after I gave birth to my son. I started building a stash, in anticipation and with the hope that I would like cloth pads. I also purchased the Diva Cup. I tried the Diva first. I have always been a tampon only kind of girl. Heck, I used tampons with my first period. So naturally, I thought I would love the Diva. I was wrong. It just doesn't work for me. Luckily though I had built my cloth pad stash.
As I had been waiting for my period to return, I was diligently purchasing various brands of cloth pads. I was actually excited about getting to try them. I feel absolutely ridiculous saying that, so feel free to laugh. But it is true, nonetheless. Some of the things I worried about are: leaks, bulkiness, cleaning them, and how often to change them. The main issue was: will people notice? Obviously, this is not something you want people to notice, at any time.
I am happy to say that they worked! I was actually using pads. A crazy and foreign thought to me. I have always love tampons, the discreteness and ease of use, were main factors. However, cloth has proven to be far less of a hassle than I worried about. In fact, I don't even think of it as a hassle or a burden.
If you are thinking about cloth I recommend trying a few brands and styles and seeing what is right for you, prior to purchasing a full stash. I have found that I love Homestead Emporium's Teeny Ultimate for regular flow. It is the perfect size for discreetness, but also I don't have to worry about leaks and other issues. I have found heavy pads to be a bit bulky. I am leaning towards the Homestead Emporium Ultimate as my favorite. However, I did test a heavy pad on Diaper Swappers for a seller that I found amazingly discreet and felt like it was not even there. I believe part of the core was zorb, which probably helped contribute to its thinness.
I know a big question is how do you wash your pads? I throw mine in a wetbag and wash them with the normal laundry. I have not had a any problems to date. They have gotten the normal amount of detergent and even Method or Ecover softener. I have not had any problems with my pads or my other laundry in the nine months I have been using them.











2 comments:
These look awesome. I want to try them!
I have seen these, but i too love my cup. Maybe an option for after child-birth? Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment