Sunday, October 25, 2009

Thirsties Duo & Fab Fitted Review & Giveaway

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love cloth diapers! I love that they work and I love that they are great for the environment.

I also love helping more people become green and I hope that doing these reviews and giveaways gets people to look at, read about and try cloth.

I contacted Thirsties and they were more than happy to help. They generously donated a Duo cover and Fab Fitted for me to look over, try out and review. They want you to have one too! You'll have an opportunity to enter to win a Duo and Fab Fitted in the sizes you need and the colors you want!

Thirsties is a small (but growing!) cloth diaper company committed to greener parenting and eco friendly solutions, not to mention 100% USA made quality! Their diapers are made by work at home mothers, and very close to their Canon City warehouse, reducing their carbon output. They donate to Miracle Diapers, a company in which one can apply for free or low cost diapers to those with financial need. Their diapers are made of a Micro Fleece that is very soft to the touch. Please take a moment to read more about them, their commitment to our planet, and how they choose to operate. You can find that here.

Thirsties has lots of other products too, you can even request a catalog by going here :)

The Review!

I go the package, opened it up and fell in love with the vibrant colors and oh so soft fitted. I'm talking crazy squishy soft. Okay, sorry. I love fluffy mail.

I washed them up and gave them a go. The fitted washed up super soft by the way!

Here you can see it on my one month old baby girl. The Fab Fitted is a size Small. She is on the small end of the size range (about 12 lbs or so), but it still fits securely, trim through the legs (important to me) and no leaks! There is nothing more frustrating than having to change covers because the diaper inside won't hold in the solids.

The Duo seen here is a size 1.

As you can see even with the diaper being a little large on her and the cover on, it's still very trim.
I wanted to try it out with a prefold as well. Here is my youngest again, with a newborn prefold on. I adjusted the rise down one on the Duo and voila! Perfect fit and *incredibly* trim! I love it.

The fitted is working great. It does feel very wet when she's peed, but that's fairly typical of fitteds and any other diaper that requires a cover. I haven't had any leaks, so it does do the job. It's really easy to get on and a favorite of mine for night time changes. I am also very happy with how it launders. It is staying really soft and I'm sure my daughter appreciates that.

I began using the Duo and wanted to try it out and review it for my older daughter as well, so I bought one in her size (Size 2) :) She's 19 months and about 25 lbs.

Here it is over a prefold. Again, incredibly trim and I love the fit. I'm not sure what the design difference is between this and their original covers, but it seems to stay up better on her waist and I am really liking that.

I don't believe the Duo was meant to go over large fitteds, but I thought I'd try it anyhow, just for kicks. I didn't even adjust the rise. Here it is over a Goodmama fitted. These things are rather bulky as you can see. It fit, I could have adjusted the rise bigger, but it worked just fine. No leaks and she didn't seem bothered by it.

I loved Thirsties covers before, but now I love them more. I really love these covers. They fit very well through the legs and I love that the tabs cross over. I've yet to have any problems with the velcro on these. They seem to stay put during the washing process and have yet to snag on anything in my wash.

The fitteds are very good. I think I would prefer if they had a bit more of a natural element, but that's just me. They do work well on her and so I can't complain :)

----Update! We have a winner!----
The giveaway portion is over :) Thank you to everyone that participated!
Congratulations to Laura for choosing cloth and entering this giveaway!
Here's how to enter to win!
Please leave a separate comment for each entry in order to have it counted.

This entry is mandatory! If you do not do this, your other entries will not count!
Post here telling me why you were inspired to try cloth, your email address and the words "Live Green" somewhere in your comment.

Want more entries?

*Follow us and tweet this giveaway! Please tweet, "Win a Duo & Fab Fitted from @ThirstiesInc and @EFFblog http://bit.ly/1jtGb1" Leave a comment with a link to your status.

Twitter Button from Poonico

*Follow our blog and post letting me know that you are :)

*Post this giveaway to your Facebook and leave a comment.

*Become a fan of Thirsties on Facebook HERE, leave a comment.

*Post about this giveaway on your blog. Leave a comment w/ a link.

This giveaway ends November 1st. I will use random.org to pick a winner. If I do not hear back from the winner within 48 hours a new winner will be picked.

228 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older   1 – 200 of 228   Newer›   Newest»
Boo, Jax and Bo on October 25, 2009 at 5:29 PM said...

I love all these great giveaways! We didn't start cloth diapering until my son was 18 months but we love it so far. We were inspired by a lot of different sources but one was definitely the Eco Friendly Family board on the Bump. It was definitely part of our efforts to find even more ways to live green every day.

Bekah on October 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM said...

We decided to try cloth simply because it makes the most sense to us. between the amount of time it takes a disposable to decomp. and the cost over the years...it just doesnt make sense to use disposables, especially when cloth is so easy now!

Bekah@countrymousetales.com

Live green!

MHR said...

We decided to use cloth to avoid all the chemicals of disposables next to baby's bottom. Seeing pics of all the cute diaper stashes on EFF put me over the edge :) Live green! mh2t@yahoo.com

*nikki on October 25, 2009 at 5:49 PM said...

i'm currently pregnant with my first and beside myself with excitement to give cloth diapering a try. i've watched others with their fluffy bottomed babies and listened to their rave reviews and it's finally going to be my turn to give it a try and give us a new way to live green! i've heard great things about thirsties and they are high on the list of products to try from the get-go.

thanks for the awesome giveaway!!!

*nikki on October 25, 2009 at 5:51 PM said...

eep! i posted before leaving my email. lytedark at gmail dot com.

i'm also a blog follower!

Pamela Tedesco on October 25, 2009 at 6:17 PM said...

We started cloth diapering my son when he was almost 2. I wished I had started sooner because it's been so easy and so cost effective. With baby number 2 on the way we are building up our newborn stash. Cloth diapering has also inspired us to live green in other ways too!
viollett99@hotmail.com

Unknown on October 25, 2009 at 6:30 PM said...

Aside from wanting to "live green" a bit more, my hubby and I chose cloth because it is more economical! I've spent only a percentage of what we'd have spent on sposies in a year alone, and I have enough diapers to last us for several children!

We also found our little girl has sensitive skin and can't even wear sposies as backup dipes. Thank god for cloth!

della330@yahoo.com

Unknown on October 25, 2009 at 6:32 PM said...

I tweeted!

http://twitter.com/andreazippay

(email della330 @yahoo dot com)

Unknown on October 25, 2009 at 6:35 PM said...

I've been following the blog for awhile, too. LOVE it. :-D

della330 at yahoo dotcom

Unknown on October 25, 2009 at 6:35 PM said...

I am also a fan of Thirsties on Facebook and in real life ... my favorite diaper covers!

della330 at yahoo

carla on October 25, 2009 at 6:45 PM said...

I actually got interested in cloth diapering because I wanted to knit covers, but once I actually got started, I found that I also appreciated having Thirsties covers in my stash for my daughter to wear with her regular clothes.

carla on October 25, 2009 at 6:51 PM said...

Facebook fan!

JayneDough on October 25, 2009 at 6:56 PM said...

I recently started cloth diapering with my 2 year old and plan to do so full time with my newborn when she gets here. I love that its saving us money and we're doing our part to make this world a little bit cleaner. I'm excited that my kids are going to learn to live green!

*nikki on October 25, 2009 at 7:00 PM said...

fan on facebook!

Soyager on October 25, 2009 at 7:49 PM said...

Great review! We're expecting our first in May, but I always knew I would cloth diaper. We try to live green as best we can and I couldn't imagine dumping pounds of waste (literally!) into a landfill each year. Not to mention, putting chemicals next to my child's precious skin! The Thirsties Duo looks like the way to go :)

fantasticsoyage@gmail.com

Claire on October 25, 2009 at 7:54 PM said...

I'm still expecting our first baby and I'm not sure when I first thought about cloth diapering, it was pretty early in the pregnancy. I got a lot of tips from he Eco Friendly Family board on TheBump. I just felt horrible throwing all those diapers in the trash, and I think that cloth diapers are so cute! I think that looking into cloth has really increased my other Eco awareness and will help my live green.

diamondcks at yahoo.com

Cassidie said...

We are currently expecting our first little one in about a month. We decided to try cloth diapering because its better on the environment, and cheaper than disposables. Some friends of ours tried it with their first, and gave great reviews, so we figured if they can do it so can we :)

caw422@swbell.net

Soyager on October 25, 2009 at 8:01 PM said...

I'm (finally) officially following the blog! Can't believe I didn't hit the button before.

Bethany on October 25, 2009 at 8:54 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethany on October 25, 2009 at 8:54 PM said...

I love thirsties! We have two duo wraps and they are amazing. We started using cloth diapers when my son was 4 months because a friend was cloth diapering and commented that it wasn't hard at all. Since then, we have been more devoted to live green in diapering, baby food, our food, composting, etc!
bethmc84@hotmail.com

Bethany on October 25, 2009 at 8:56 PM said...

also a fan on facebook now! (bethmc84@hotmail.com)

Tracey on October 25, 2009 at 8:57 PM said...

When I was preggos with my first, I just knew I was going to cloth diaper. Not only to live green, but to save money. :)

Tracey on October 25, 2009 at 8:59 PM said...

follow on twitter and tweeted
http://twitter.com/aMothersEarth/status/5160857142

Tracey on October 25, 2009 at 9:00 PM said...

I follow your blog

Tracey on October 25, 2009 at 9:02 PM said...

fan of Thirsties on facebook

Jamie on October 25, 2009 at 9:20 PM said...

I've been inspired to cloth diaper by the girls on my local board (Indiana), and the impact that it can have on the environment.

Jamie on October 25, 2009 at 9:24 PM said...

Became a fan on facebook, too!

forgot my email in the last post:
jamiewintersmorgan@hotmail.com

Live green!

Jamie on October 25, 2009 at 9:25 PM said...

Following the blog, now as well!

A Baby Peach on October 25, 2009 at 9:59 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Baby Peach on October 25, 2009 at 10:01 PM said...

Following on Twitter! http://twitter.com/CrunchyMama26
link to status

A Baby Peach on October 25, 2009 at 10:02 PM said...

Following blog through "a baby peach"

A Baby Peach on October 25, 2009 at 10:04 PM said...

Posted on my facebook

A Baby Peach on October 25, 2009 at 10:04 PM said...

We decided to do cloth because we like to live green in general, but also to save money, and most importantly because I did not want our baby sitting in plastic, gels, chemicals 24/7 for a few years. We love it!
jennifercruger@aol.com

A Baby Peach on October 25, 2009 at 10:06 PM said...

I became a fan of Thirsties on FB

luvlieK - Kelly on October 25, 2009 at 10:07 PM said...

too many leaks without cloth!
live green!

Unknown on October 25, 2009 at 10:08 PM said...

We decided to cloth diaper after hearing how long it takes disposables to decompose, and just because I don't like plastic next to my bum, so why would my daughter? We have loved Thirsties covers for our prefolds, so I'm excited about the give away. Cloth diapers are one way we are using to try and live green each day. fernandezkl@gmail.com

~Melissa on October 25, 2009 at 10:21 PM said...

I stumbled upon this blog and thank goodness I did!! We're expecting our first and most definitely want to live green with this new addition and make cloth diapering work for us. Thanks so much for all the great info!!

KristieMcNealy on October 25, 2009 at 10:57 PM said...

We started cloth diapering to save cash with two in diapers. It certainly didn't hurt our efforts to live green either!

kristiemcnealy at gmail.com

Melissa (Lalabye Baby) on October 25, 2009 at 11:50 PM said...

I decided to cloth diaper the moment I became pregnant...did a lot of research and got a lot of advice from the ladies on the EFF board on the bump and I've now been doing it for 5 months! I try to LIVE GREEN

huynhmeli@gmail.com

Melissa (Lalabye Baby) on October 25, 2009 at 11:51 PM said...

I'm now following your blog
LIVE green!
huynhmeli@gmail.com

Unknown on October 26, 2009 at 6:58 AM said...

We were inspired to start officially cloth diapering when my husbands hours got so bad at work that we had the choice, pay rent or buy diapers. I had a wonderful mommy friend send me some diapers to help get started. And starting cloth diapering has started my husband on a path to Live Green

j.mcdilda(@)gmail.com

Jacqie on October 26, 2009 at 9:27 AM said...

We tried cloth diapers to help our baby's bum! They are better for him and help us live green!

moon_princez at hotmail dot com

Jacqie on October 26, 2009 at 9:27 AM said...

Fan of thirsties on FB

moon_princez at hotmail dot com

Attila & Tamara on October 26, 2009 at 11:08 AM said...

For me the process of choosing cloth was sort of a slow one. I didn't really consider it when my baby was born, but as he got older, I heard a mom talk about it at a local baby/mommy club, then one of my friends decided to do it. This got me thinking that maybe I could do it, too. First, the money was the motivating factor but then I started thinking about how much waste we were producing and I decided it was not only a wise financial decision but also a way to LIVE GREEN. Since then, I've been inspired to make other environmentally friendly decisions, such as not using paper towels, using more natural cleaning products, and being better about recycling.

szogediek at yahoo dot com

Attila & Tamara on October 26, 2009 at 11:16 AM said...

Follow you on Twitter:
Tweet:
http://twitter.com/szogediek/status/5175001011

szogediek at yahoo dot com

Attila & Tamara on October 26, 2009 at 11:20 AM said...

Fan of Thirsties on Facebook!

szogediek at yahoo dot com

Laura on October 26, 2009 at 1:33 PM said...

Cloth just seems to be the safer option- for our son and for the environment! After starting with cloth diapers, we soon traded laundry detergents, dryer sheets and cleaners- who knew it was so easy (and cheap!) to live green!

jwpbride@gmail.com

Laura on October 26, 2009 at 1:35 PM said...

Fan on Facebook!
jwpbride@gmail.com

Laura on October 26, 2009 at 1:36 PM said...

AND follow the blog!

jwpbride@gmail.com

Unknown on October 26, 2009 at 1:58 PM said...

Following on twitter and tweet
http://twitter.com/SliverStorm/status/5178638673

j.mcdilda at gmail dot com

Unknown on October 26, 2009 at 1:58 PM said...

I follow (JMC)

j.mcdilda at gmail dot com

Unknown on October 26, 2009 at 1:59 PM said...

Thirsties FB fan

j.mcdilda at gmail dot com

Jenni on October 26, 2009 at 2:57 PM said...

We were inspired to use cloth both as a practical application of our desire to live green and for cost savings. BabyRabies.com really sealed the deal for us with her cost comparison blog post, and once we (I) saw how cute and easy they are, there was no turning back!

Jennifer Garonzik on October 26, 2009 at 3:35 PM said...

woot - thanks for another giveaway! We decided to go with cloth because it is what feels right to us. Not only for the environment, for our little guy, and for our bank account. It is just another way that we choose to Live Green!
jennjiterrell at yahoo dot com

Jess (Life with BooBoo and Bug) on October 26, 2009 at 3:38 PM said...

We were inspired to cloth diaper our 2nd child after reading about all the chemicals put into disposables. We had no idea! So now we are trying to find more ways to live green and protect our girls.

wernertjd AT yahoo DOT com

Jess (Life with BooBoo and Bug) on October 26, 2009 at 3:42 PM said...

Follow on twitter and tweeted.

http://twitter.com/graceandbrynley/status/5180859038

wernertjd AT yahoo DOT com

Jess (Life with BooBoo and Bug) on October 26, 2009 at 3:42 PM said...

Follow your blog.

wernertjd AT yahoo DOT com

Jess (Life with BooBoo and Bug) on October 26, 2009 at 3:47 PM said...

Fan of Thirsties on Facebook.

wernertjd AT yahoo DOT com

imavera on October 26, 2009 at 4:03 PM said...

We started looking at cloth for purely the financial aspect, but quickly realized how amazing it is in tons of other ways (better coverage, better for the skin, cuter!). After the initial thought, I lurked on the EFF board and learned all about cloth diapers as well as how to live green in other ways.

I'm a blog follower :)

Jill on October 26, 2009 at 4:38 PM said...

I'm a very frugal person by nature. I clip coupons, buy generics, and always comparison shop. I've bought diapers for my sisters kids many times and every time I just really couldn't believe that you pay for something to just throw it away. I started looking into cloth and it just made so much more sense financially.

Live Green

jilldaniel_wv@yahoo.com

Missy on October 26, 2009 at 7:19 PM said...

I was inspired to try cloth with my 3rd child after seeing how easy it was after a friend did cloth. I also was looking for cheaper and better for the environment.

mah1209@gmail.com

Live green!

Missy on October 26, 2009 at 7:21 PM said...

I am already a fan of Thirsties on Facebook. That's where I saw your giveaway.

Gigi on October 26, 2009 at 10:55 PM said...

I read about CDing on chat boards and become interested in the money saving aspect. I'm not sure I'm saving money, but I'm living green!
ruth dot gray at gmail dot com

Gigi on October 26, 2009 at 10:57 PM said...

https://twitter.com/graygirly/status/5191392266
tweet!
ruth dot gray at gmail dot com

Gigi on October 26, 2009 at 10:57 PM said...

I added your giveaway to my CD giveaway list at http://mykidcenteredlife.blogspot.com/2009/10/cloth-diaper-giveaways-week-of-1025.html. (it will be posted soon)
ruth dot gray at gmail dot com

Gigi on October 26, 2009 at 10:59 PM said...

I follow your blog. come check out mine!

Gigi on October 26, 2009 at 10:59 PM said...

I follwo Thirsties on Facebook

Anonymous said...

I was inspired to try cloth diapers because of the amount of waste product by disposable diapers every year in our landfills. Live Green! seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I follow your blog. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of Thirsties on Facebook. seehorce(at)yahoo(dot)com

DontSayHurry on October 27, 2009 at 12:09 AM said...

This is my first entry at your blog... I saw it tweeted and since I love thirsties... i thought I'd stop by and read ur review...

For my first entry... I was interested in CD'ing my first, but the pregnancy was hard as was the delivery, so i didn't have time to do all the research n stuff. The second went nice n smooth, and I have not been CD'ing for 7 months now and also decided to go CD because both hubby and i are out of "real" jobs. We've spent less that $100 switching to CD! LOVE IT. We also Live Green, for reals!
Thanks!redasc

Emily - faliLV on October 27, 2009 at 1:02 AM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily - faliLV on October 27, 2009 at 1:03 AM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily - faliLV on October 27, 2009 at 1:06 AM said...

I wanted to do cloth bc all of a sudden when I had Kellan I became even more aware of how wasteful we can be. Plus we all have sensitive skin. We love our Thirsties covers! My hubs wasn't too huge on having to wash poop - so we found a service that strives to be as green as possible, and still costs us less then sposies! Win win in my book!
emilyknight8@yahoo.com
sorry I forgot to include my email last time.

Emily - faliLV on October 27, 2009 at 1:06 AM said...

I became a fan of Thirsties on FB!
emilyknight8@yahoo.com

Emily - faliLV on October 27, 2009 at 1:06 AM said...

I posted this on my FB page!
emilyknight8@yahoo.com

Kelli on October 27, 2009 at 1:55 AM said...

We decided to try cloth for so many reasons but one of the best ones for us has been the never-ending source of diapers - no need to run to the store late at night because we ran out! The option to live green and make certain her diapers weren't still rotting in a landfill generations down the line helped as well. :)

tuckertobe@gmail.com

Deanna on October 27, 2009 at 2:40 AM said...

I Twittered the giveaway! http://twitter.com/DeannaNMc/status/5194999403

We did cloth because we live in Hawaii, and Hawaii is running out of places to put trash! The cost was a big part of it too.

Unknown on October 27, 2009 at 11:16 AM said...

I was never comfortable with the idea of disposable diapers - all those chemicals and the human waste sitting just about forever in a landfill - it just never made sense to me. My mom used CDs for me and my brother, so cloth diapering was a natural choice. Convenient, cost-effective, and one more thing we can do in an effort to live green. Plus, fluffy bums are so cute! :)

cstewart1776@gmail.com

emilie on October 27, 2009 at 11:46 AM said...

I decided to use cloth after realizing how much better it would be for the environment, baby and my wallet! Live green! emilie1116@gmail.com

Boo, Jax and Bo on October 27, 2009 at 11:53 AM said...

I'm a fan on Facebook :)

Unknown on October 27, 2009 at 12:10 PM said...

we have been cloth diapering since day 5, when our first diapers arrived! after reading about ways to live green with a baby we decided to give it a shot and we were hooked. wrsfaw@gmail.com

Ashley Mommy on October 27, 2009 at 12:59 PM said...

I have been a fan of Thirsties on Facebook and an avid follower of this blog as well!

I was excited to see this giveaway! I love my Thirsties covers, and have a fab fitted that I am anxious to try as soon as my DD grows into it!

I have encouraged several friends to cloth diapers and have recommended this blog. I love helping others to be as Eco Friendly as they can be!!!

Shanea on October 27, 2009 at 1:41 PM said...

Ok, I try to live green in so many ways of my life and when I had my child I knew I wanted to continue that lifestyle. Cloth diapers/wipes and reusing stuff seemed like a natural extension. I have found it really easy to cloth diaper my son and I highly recommend it to others.

Shanea on October 27, 2009 at 1:42 PM said...

opps forgot my email miamihoney@gmail.com

Christin on October 27, 2009 at 4:12 PM said...

We wanted to live green because the waste we were putting in the garbage dump seemed to TRIPLE with a baby. anything we can do to cut down on that we are doing

christin3580@gmail.com

mikenlulu on October 27, 2009 at 4:40 PM said...

I didn't like the idea of filling up landfills with disposable diapers, so my husband and I decided that one way we could live green was to cloth diaper our children. Our first baby, Abraham, is now six months old, and we love cloth diapering him.

lucindareeves@yahoo.com

lar1203 on October 27, 2009 at 9:23 PM said...

We decided to CD mainly because I don't like the thought of adding thousands of disposables diapers to our landfills. Live green!

lar1203 on October 27, 2009 at 9:26 PM said...

http://twitter.com/lar1203

lar1203 on October 27, 2009 at 9:26 PM said...

i'm a Thirsties fan on FB!

AEK on October 27, 2009 at 10:31 PM said...

Live Green! I decided to cloth diaper upon seeing a friend do it and noticing how easy and cute the diapers are.

AEK on October 27, 2009 at 10:33 PM said...

I am a fan of Thirsties on Facebook

angiedkelly at gmail dot com

The Cummings Family on October 27, 2009 at 10:51 PM said...

We just started CDing our son when he was 13 months old. I really wanted to try cloth diapers because I felt we needed to do a little more for our environment and to save a little money too! It has been an easy transition for our family and just another way that we can live green more each day!

The Cummings Family on October 27, 2009 at 10:51 PM said...

I have followed this EFF blog for a bit now!

The Cummings Family on October 27, 2009 at 10:58 PM said...

I'm now a Thirsties fan on Facebook! I'm reading all about their pre-wash solution that they posted about...I'm very intrigued :)

The Cummings Family on October 27, 2009 at 11:18 PM said...

Just posted about this awesome giveaway on our facebook page!
jamespatticummings

The Cummings Family on October 27, 2009 at 11:20 PM said...

I've posted about the EFF blog and this giveaway on our family blog!

http://pbandjcummings.blogspot.com/

:)

Anonymous said...

I just starting using cloth diapers on
my son, now 13 months . We started because he has very sensitive skin and I was hoping that cloth would work better for him, and it is!!! Also my family and I really try to live green! We are loving cloth!!
Kimlewy@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I am also a fan on facebook!
Live green!!
Kimlewy@yahoo.com

Laura said...

I suppose I was inspired to use cloth diapers by my mom. Like breastfeeding, it's just how babies are raised. My baby dolls had cloth diapers, and I folded my own flats when I was three years old.

Before I even became pregnant, I started looking into all the cool options in cloth diapering. Now that our baby is here, my husband tells the skeptical that using cloth diapers are a luxury over using disposibles. Plus, he doesn't have to take out the trash as often! LIVE GREEN!

laurangel_2000@yahoo.com

Unknown on October 28, 2009 at 8:37 AM said...

Live green!

I tried CDing when my son was a newborn but gave up! I tried cheap-o Gerber prefolds and Gerber vinyl pants and pins and it was just too overwhelming for me to figure out as a new mom. So I gave up (sadly). My motivation was to save money! Then when my son was 16 months old, my close friend showed me her Bum Genius diapers and I was opened up to a whole new world of EASIER cloth diapering! I thought wow I can do this! So I ordered a few! And I haven't stopped since! I am expecting in February and I plan to CD from birth. Money is my main motivation, and I always hated filling up all those trash bags full of disposables! I am so happy that I am doing a small part to help out the earth!

es1237@gmail.com

Unknown on October 28, 2009 at 8:39 AM said...

Follow you on twitter and tweeted!

http://twitter.com/missemmielou

es1237@gmail.com

Unknown on October 28, 2009 at 8:40 AM said...

I follow your blog!

Emily Cotton

http://littlemissemmylou.blogspot.com/

es1237@gmail.com

Unknown on October 28, 2009 at 8:40 AM said...

Fan on FB! Emily Cotton

es1237@gmail.com

Unknown on October 28, 2009 at 8:43 AM said...

Blogged!

http://littlemissemmylou.blogspot.com/2009/10/thirsties-giveaway.html

es1237@gmail.com

Unknown on October 28, 2009 at 11:47 AM said...

I was inspired to try cloth diapers because my mom cloth diapered us as babies, and also because I wanted to save money and "live green"!

email is sandykreps1@gmail.com

Unknown on October 28, 2009 at 11:48 AM said...

Entry #2 - I follow your blog.

Unknown on October 28, 2009 at 11:49 AM said...

Entry #3 - I am a Thirsties fan on facebook. (My facebook name is Sandy "Stafford" K, if you want to check.)

Unknown on October 28, 2009 at 11:51 AM said...

Entry #4 - I posted the giveaway on my facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/mrs.sandy.k?ref=name

Unknown on October 28, 2009 at 11:53 AM said...

Entry #5 - I follow you on twitter and I tweeted:
http://twitter.com/sandy_dandy

D said...

In addition to wanting to "live green" since cloth diapering is so much better for the envirionment, my first and biggest reason was the health of my daughter!

leodav33@hotmail.com

Unknown on October 28, 2009 at 12:33 PM said...

I have been cloth diapering my son for the last 2 years and plan to cloth diaper my Nb as well when they come in Feb! I started cd'ing because I could not imagine adding more disposibles to the landfills and thought all the new cd's out now were very cute!
I have learned a lot about living green in the last 2 years, but I have not tried Thirsties yet and would love to give the DUO a try!
Live Green!
sigrid@littlegreenviking.ca

jdeemarie on October 28, 2009 at 12:47 PM said...

We first tried cloth diapering because it seemed like the responsible thing to do. I didn't like the idea of throwing disposable diapers in the trash. We were also hoping that it would help us financially (it did!). We try to live green any way we can.

jdeemarie@gmail.com

jdeemarie on October 28, 2009 at 12:48 PM said...

I'm a fan of Thirsties on Facebook.

jdeemarie@gmail.com

jdeemarie on October 28, 2009 at 12:49 PM said...

I follow your blog.

jdeemarie@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

We decided to use cloth to save money and cut back on trash.

Live Green!

aprilkek@verizon.net

Lauren on October 28, 2009 at 3:05 PM said...

To tell you the truth, I saw cloth diapering as a challenge. My good friend was preparing to cloth diaper her baby and I figured if she could do then so could I. I started using cloth at 12 months and 9 months later, I am still loving it. I see it as one more thing I can do to live green.
Laroogirl@aol.com

Lauren on October 28, 2009 at 3:08 PM said...

I now follow the EFF Blog! Glad to be a part of such great ladies.

Lauren on October 28, 2009 at 3:09 PM said...

I now follow the EFF Blog! Glad to be a part of such great ladies.

Shannon on October 28, 2009 at 3:16 PM said...

I started cloth diapering when I quit my job after my maternity leave ended. I did it mostly for the money-saving aspect, but also because they're so cute and I needed a new addiction. :) And living green isnt' bad as a side effect! Live green!
shannonburke@insight.rr.com

Shannon on October 28, 2009 at 3:16 PM said...

I follow your blog!

http://thefamilyburke.blogspot.com

Shannon on October 28, 2009 at 3:17 PM said...

I'm a fb fan of thirsties!
shannonburke@insight.rr.com

Anonymous said...

(i am a fan of Thirsties on Facebook too!)

after researching cloth diapers online, i was inspired to try cloth to give my baby-to-be a chance to have natural fibers against his body, as well as doing my part to live green and help reduce waste by not using disposable diapers.

the "baby-to-be" is now 10months old. and he would fit perfectly in a Medium sized fab fitted, and a Size 2 Duo Wrap.


MySonsClothBum (diaperswappers)
aka Becca
dade4@hotmail.com

Melissa on October 28, 2009 at 5:36 PM said...

I started CDing in January with our 5th child! I wish I had known about trendy cloth diapers before. I never thought I'd be living green and here I am. I've also started switching other things too! my_sweet_melissa1979@yahoo.com

Melissa on October 28, 2009 at 5:38 PM said...

Just wanted to add that I love reading blogs that have info on CDing. Makes me what to LIVE GREEN even more! Thanks for the great givaway!
my_sweet_melissa1979@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

i think using cloth diapers is just one step in an effort to live green. i decided to use cloth after being introduced by a friend and seeing how easy it really could be and how much money it would save. almost 1 year in cloth now but always wanting to try another product! camierickson@yahoo.com

Candice on October 28, 2009 at 8:41 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Candice on October 28, 2009 at 8:42 PM said...

I am already a Thirsties fan, so I posted a comment on the post about you.

Candice on October 28, 2009 at 8:44 PM said...

We started with cloth because I hated how much trash we had with sposies. Plus, they stink up the house, are expensive, and never held in the newborn breastfed poop! So I converted to cloth to 'Live Green" and never looked back :)

samandalexsmommy@gmail.com

Candice on October 28, 2009 at 8:46 PM said...

Posted on my Facebook!

Anonymous said...

Before having children, we definitely didn't think enough about the environment but after two babies, we're trying our best to live green every day and every day starts with cloth diapers! Our 18-month-old hasn't been in a sposie since the day she left the hospital!

cmarsh31@nyap.rr.com

Jaime on October 28, 2009 at 9:04 PM said...

I was inspired by my husband (of all people) who first thought of the idea of cloth diapering our newborn! then when I found out how long it takes for a sposie to decompose I was even more motivated to use cloth

"Live Green"

goodeatsblog at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I wanted to try cloth because they are just so much cuter than disposables! I know that isn't a normal reason that someone tries it but really- how can you look at all those cute covers and not want to try it??
Also, I procrastinate. When you use cloth, you don't have to run to the store when you realize you only have one diaper left!
All the other stuff is a bonus- the economics (unless you're a total addict LOL), the ability to LIVE GREEN, the fact that chemicals aren't even an issue and I really believe that it had a lot to do with DS's quick PLing
Mandynee22@aol.com

Becky on October 28, 2009 at 9:30 PM said...

I have three kids. Two still in diapers. I wanted to cloth diaper since I was pregnant with my oldest but we didn't have a washer/dryer (Apartment) So I guess I've wanted to 'live green' for a while! We moved and finally got a w/d the first thing I did was go out and buy some CD's LOVE LOVE LOVE them, so addicted.

starlightkisses01@gmail.com

Ashley on October 28, 2009 at 9:31 PM said...

I was intrigued by all the people using cloth, and so I started investigating when my first daughter was about 4 months old. I knew it was for me! It was adorable, cheaper, and environmently friendly! Besides I enjoy laundry! Now both my daughters (27 months and 12 months) are in cloth and I still love them! Live green!

musselashley@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

now im a fan on facebook
camierickson@yahoo.com

Ashley on October 28, 2009 at 9:32 PM said...

Also a fan on facebook! Love my thirsties cover, and would love to try the duo!

Anonymous said...

following your blog now too
camierickson@yahoo

Rachael said...

We started cloth diapering when my DS was 1 week and haven't looked back since. We decided to do it because it was easy, less wasteful, and come on WAY cutier than sposies. Not to mention sposies are nasty ;-)

reicheru411@aol.com

Live green!!

Rachael said...

Fan of Facebook!!

Rachael said...

Posted the giveaway on Facebook!!

Go Thirsties!!

Rachael on October 28, 2009 at 9:49 PM said...

Following your blog as well!!

Carissa on October 28, 2009 at 10:05 PM said...

My inlaws have told me tons of times how much they spent on diapers for my husband. I decided then that I did not want to waste all that money every week/month, so I did some research and since I have been trying to Live Green, I found that cloth was right for me.
co05@hotmail.com

Carissa on October 28, 2009 at 10:06 PM said...

I am a fan of Thirsties on Facebook!
(CarissaCuiffo)co05@hotmail.com

Carissa on October 28, 2009 at 10:09 PM said...

I follow your blog! :)
co05@hotmail.com

Carissa on October 28, 2009 at 10:18 PM said...

I blogged about this giveaway @ http://ilovemyike.blogspot.com/2009/10/thirsties-giveaway.html

co05@hotmail.com

tedcgh on October 28, 2009 at 10:33 PM said...

We love our Thirsties fab fitteds. we currently use the FF with the sized covers or pockets when out and about. We started CD our DD after her 1st birthday and are looking forward to attempting CD with a newborn and trying the new DUO Covers. I just joined facebook too, so I guess I will try becoming a Thirsties fan too.

tedcgh on October 28, 2009 at 10:35 PM said...

I just became a fan, that was easy.

rebecca on October 28, 2009 at 10:37 PM said...

We started cloth diapering at five months (when I could finally talk the hubby into it!) and were inspired by so many things... cost, cuteness, and the ability to live green-er. :) I love our little cloth baby bum!

gitrecca at gmail dot com

rebecca on October 28, 2009 at 10:39 PM said...

I follow your blog!

gitrecca at gmail dot com

LC on October 28, 2009 at 10:42 PM said...

Using cloth diapers is a great way to live green! I also love how soft they are, and how much money they save too. cordialcalvinist@hotmail.com

LC on October 28, 2009 at 10:50 PM said...

tweeted to help others live green
http://twitter.com/Ivreniel/status/5248848379

Kimberly on October 28, 2009 at 11:02 PM said...

I LOVE cloth diapers, I started about 2 years ago when I was expecting my 2nd son. I fell in love with cloth when he was about 6 weeks old and have been 100% cloth since then. I love how much money it saves us & how cute they are. kimberlydklatt@yahoo.com

Kimberly on October 28, 2009 at 11:03 PM said...

i became a fan on FB
kimberlydklatt@yahoo.com

Sarah Burnside said...

I wanted to switch to cloth in order to save my son's bum from being in contact with cancer causing chemicals. I also didn't like the thought of his diapers sitting in a landfill rotting for hundreds of years.
Since having my son, he has inspired me to want to live green, cloth diapering included!

burnside.sarah@gmail.com

Kimberly on October 28, 2009 at 11:09 PM said...

shared your giveaway on my blog:
http://theklatts.blogspot.com/2009/10/cloth-diaper-giveaway.html

kimberlydklatt@yahoo.com

sarah Burnside said...

I also became a fan on facebook, thank you:)

burnside.sarah@gmail.com

Kimberly on October 28, 2009 at 11:10 PM said...

am now a blog follower too!

thanks so much
LIVE GREEN!

kimberlydklatt@yahoo.com

Kristy Tillman on October 28, 2009 at 11:21 PM said...

My friend mentioned wanting to try cloth diapers in 2003 when she had her first. They never actually did, but that intriqed me so I always wanted to look into. I started with just BG 3.0 and BOY has it taken off from there!! Everyone thought I'd "FAIL" at using cloth diapers, but I absoultely LOVE THEM! They are so addictive!
We use lots of cloth things in our house, just one more way to Live Green.

Kristy Tillman on October 28, 2009 at 11:21 PM said...

joined the Thirsties facebook page

Anonymous said...

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to rave!!! I am a cloth addict. I first decided to give this loving act a go when I realized all the diapers I was disposing into our little green planet was taking away years from her; thus limiting opportunities for my children to see her true spectacles! There are so many great products out there that are an alternative route to society's "norm", and cloth is one of them. Cloth diapering is perfect because the natural fibers work so well with the act of diapering itself. You truly show the love you have for your child by making this transition. There is no excess, no doubt, no remorse. I decided this is the best for my children, in all possible ways. Live green or bust!

my email address is jesus.is.lard@gmail.com

deezee02 on October 29, 2009 at 1:28 AM said...

I decided to live green in 2006 when I found out my son had a terminal heart defect. I want to keep him away from as many chemicals as possible. I was not able to get DH on board with cloth diapers until this past July though, when our daughter was due and I showed him how much disposables cost vs cloth with 2 in dipes!

princessmel77@yahoo.com

Beth on October 29, 2009 at 1:32 AM said...

When I was pregnant with my daughter I decided to choose things that were healthier for her and for our environment. So by that, we end up saving green pieces of paper ($$$) by living green!

chocolategirl81 at rocketmail dot com

Beth on October 29, 2009 at 1:34 AM said...

I became a follower :)

chocolategirl81 at rocketmail dot com

Beth on October 29, 2009 at 1:36 AM said...

Posted on my facebook

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/beth.erwin?ref=profile

deezee02 on October 29, 2009 at 1:36 AM said...

Thirsties fan on facebook

princessmel77@yahoo.com

deezee02 on October 29, 2009 at 1:36 AM said...

I am a follower on your blog!

Princessmel77@yahoo.com

deezee02 on October 29, 2009 at 1:37 AM said...

Posted this link on my facebook!

Prinessmel77@yahoo.com

Beth on October 29, 2009 at 1:37 AM said...

I became a Thirsties fan on facebook

chocolategirl81 at rocketmail dot com

deezee02 on October 29, 2009 at 1:38 AM said...

forgot to put my facebook page!

http://www.facebook.com/swagbucks?ref=ts#/profile.php?id=39515311&ref=profile

Beth on October 29, 2009 at 1:45 AM said...

Blogged

http://clothandeverythingnatural.blogspot.com/2009/10/thirsties-giveaway.html

Unknown on October 29, 2009 at 4:36 AM said...

I added Thirsties on Facebook and left a comment. Juliebellitt@gmail.com

Unknown on October 29, 2009 at 4:38 AM said...

I was inspired to use cloth diapers because I want my family to live green. I think cloth diapering is more cost effective, more healthy, and less damaging to the environment. With all the chemicals in disposables, using cloth makes sense for us.

juliebellitt@gmail.com

Megan on October 29, 2009 at 8:36 AM said...

We decided well before we got pregnant that we wanted to try cloth diapers on our baby. After doing tons of research, and finding the Eco friendly family discussion board we were hooked. We try to live green as much as we can.

smithmn1@gmail.com

Megan on October 29, 2009 at 8:43 AM said...

I posted the giveaway on my facebook.

smithmn1@gmail.com

Marcella on October 29, 2009 at 9:06 AM said...

I am about to become a new grandparent and I think these diapers sound awesome. I used cloth diapers on my babies, and these sound wonderful. I love the fact that they are eco friendly.

April on October 29, 2009 at 9:18 AM said...

We didn't jump on the cloth diaper wagon until our 3rd child, when she was about 4 months old. We initially wanted to switch because it would save us money in the long run, but after doing my research, I found out how many chemicals were in sposies and how long they sat in landfills, as well as how many sat in landfills, and it was an easy decision to make. We jumped into cloth and haven't looked back. Just one small way we attempt to Live Green in our daily lives.

luvmychrisandpj@gmail.com

The Holey Family on October 29, 2009 at 9:19 AM said...

We use cloth because of the cost effectiveness and becuase we love not throwing away pounds and pounds of diapers every week! It isn't much extra work but we can keep up with it no problem! THanks!

erinholey@gmail.com

The Holey Family on October 29, 2009 at 9:19 AM said...

I am following on FB

Jane on October 29, 2009 at 9:20 AM said...

This is my first child, and we started cd'ing at 5 weeks. That was the plan put in place from about month 5 into my pregnancy. I wanted to try cloth because I wanted to be able to do what was best for my baby, our environment, and my wallet!

Thirsties are fabulous and thirsty-- which is perfect for my heavy wetter!

Cloth diapering is good for my baby's bottom, and the world he's growing up in!

Live Green!!

piscopoj2@hotmail.com

The Holey Family on October 29, 2009 at 9:20 AM said...

I put up a comment on FB

The Holey Family on October 29, 2009 at 9:23 AM said...

OOOOPPS! I forgot- we try to LIVE GREEN in many ways- we compost, have our own garden and bike as many places as we can go- using cloth was a natural choice as well!

Anonymous said...

We decided to cloth diaper because it makes sense to "live green". We are trying to keep our carbon footprint as small as Baby A's -- and cloth diapers are helping us to achieve that goal.

brooke_sna@yahoo.com

Unknown on October 29, 2009 at 11:20 AM said...

i'm a fan on facebook!!

April / thrifty72 said...

I was inspired to cloth diaper for many reasons. I wanted to avoid the chlorine/dioxins that are attributed to disposible diapers. I wanted to do what I felt was best for my baby and the environment. The economical aspect is wonderful, too. I find the more you "Live Green," the more money you save!

April / thrifty72 said...

I am following you on Twitter and I have tweeted, "Win a Duo & Fab Fitted from @ThirstiesInc and @EFFblog http://bit.ly/1jtGb1"

http://twitter.com/thrifty72

Thank you!

April / thrifty72 said...

I am a fan of Thirsties on Facebook! Thank you!

April / thrifty72 said...

I am now following this blog!
Thank you!

April / thrifty72 said...

Since I don't have a blog, I posted about this giveaway in my signature on Diaper Swappers!

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/member.php?u=16230

Thank you!

LCW on October 29, 2009 at 12:11 PM said...

We decided to try cloth to live green AND I love all the diaper selections.

LCW on October 29, 2009 at 12:12 PM said...

I tweeted!! http://twitter.com/Lins610

LCW on October 29, 2009 at 12:15 PM said...

I'm a fan of Thirsties on Facebook Lindsey.Earl@gmail.com

LCW on October 29, 2009 at 12:17 PM said...

I am a new mom with a 6 week old daughter who sports a variety of cloth diapers. I follow your blog and tweets!! Lindsey.Earl@gmail.com

LCW on October 29, 2009 at 12:18 PM said...

I posted the Thirsties giveaway on my FB status! I hope I win!!

Kia said...

i just gave birth to our 5th and am trying cloth again. didn't work w/ my 1st but am trying it again w/ my 16 month old and 3 week old. i love it (cloth diapering) but it can be expensive to "live green." trying to use our resources wisely and so this giveaway is great at helping people (like me) figure out what works best for their baby/babies. thanks for the chance!

~kia
wifeiam at gmail dot com

Lisa on October 29, 2009 at 4:08 PM said...

I've been CD'ing my little guy since birth - my mother used them and they're just so much better for the environment! Being able to Live Green is just a bonus;)

My email: lmaloney01 at hotmail dot com.

Lisa on October 29, 2009 at 4:09 PM said...

I'm also a facebook fan of thirsties:)

April / thrifty72 said...

I figured out how to get the link to my specific Tweet for the Thirsties Duo & Fab Fitted Giveaway.
Thank you The Eco-Friendly Family!

Live Green!

http://twitter.com/thrifty72/status/5261269689

Unknown on October 29, 2009 at 4:49 PM said...

It's a healthier option with less waste. I try to live green as much as possible by reducing, reusing and recycling. My son had a horrible reaction to disposables. Thank goodness I received some prefolds and covers as a shower gift and had purchased a few before hand. My son is 14 months old and we have been exclusive to CDs since before his cord stump fell off!
saywah_j at yahoo dot com

Unknown on October 29, 2009 at 4:50 PM said...

I am a facebook fan of Thirsties, which is how I found your blog!
saywah_j at yahoo dot com

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 228   Newer› Newest»

Post a Comment

Newer Older Home
 
Copyright © 2010 The Eco-Friendly Family